-XI-

Marshall never realised how difficult her life had been

Marshall never realised how difficult her life had been. Even he knew the hardships of living in the rough areas of Detroit, but he never pictured that it was that bad for her.

He didn't want to go into much detail about his past life, especially considering where he was now. A millionaire telling her he'd been through sadness, that'd only make her think that he was pitying her. Which he wasn't.

The top he was wearing, was drenched in her tears. It felt relatively cold as it hit his skin. He wanted to stand up, and just take off the top, but she was too depressed right now for that to be an option.

Deciding against all his thoughts, he held her until she stopped crying. Yes, it was a while, he held her for almost fifteen, long minutes. While doing so, he let his mind wander in thought. He wanted to do something to cheer her up.

After the little while they've spent together, Marshall still didn't know that much about her. What was her favourite food? Her favourite colour? All these thoughts were rushing through his head back and forth, like a tennis game.

"Hey- don't be sad. My upbringing was nowhere near pleasant either." He said, biting his tongue as he spoke. Just thinking back at his childhood brought memories, memories he'd been trying hard to forget about.

She nodded slowly, finally leaning out of the hug. "Let's go out somewhere today, but we are gonna have to wear some sorta disguise." He mumbled shyly, he wasn't used to asking girls out. It had been a while, a very long while.

She looked at him, her wide eyes full of confusion and curiosity. The tears were no longer spilling from her eyes, and were drying on her cheeks. "A date?" She asked him with suspicion, it felt like their relationship was one sided.

Marshall was quite nice, and hadn't hurt her really. Alright, he did make her uncomfortable the night of the interview and when she saw him with that fan. Although, he hadn't offended her up right, or done anything to actually cause her harm.

Maybe she should just give in, it's not like she hadn't before. Just have a fun day with Marshall. It was easy, and she was still getting paid for 'guarding him'. "Fuck it, why not. But what are we gonna do?"

He contemplated this, there was an unlimited amount of things they could do together, but he wanted to make this day special for her. He began scheming in his mind, a list of things they could do. Eventually he came up with a pretty decent plan.

For starters, they could go for a pleasant visit to the nearby amusement park. Marshall didn't get out much, it  was nice to experience something good from his childhood once in a while. He then planned, to walk into the mall where they could go shopping. By no means was he short on cash, so buying her anything she wanted wouldn't be an endeavour.

He then planned on taking her out for a coffee, he could only hope she'd like what they sold at his favourite coffee shop. He was then planning to finish the day with a movie, and then some ice skating. The day was long, and they'd definitely be tired afterwards, but he was determined to impress her. With whatever it took.

"It's a surprise." He tauntingly said to her, "But you better grab something so nobody will recognise you.." he reminded her, pointing upstairs. Nodding, she ran up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. Why was she so nervous and excited?

She came downstairs promptly after, she was wearing some blue skin tight jeans, with a black crop top and jacket. She also brought some glasses and a face mask, hoping nobody would recognise her.

Marshall looked similar with the face mask and glasses. They were almost matching in that aspect. "Shall we go? The fans are still there, so let's take the back road." Amber, smiled in agreement, and climbed into the black car she knew well now.

This time, it was Amber in the front seat. She lowered the mask to her chin, and placed the glasses above her head. She could now see where she was driving with full accuracy- she didn't want to crash. Especially, with a multi millionaire in the car.

It was strange, but the front of the car had a stronger smell of weed then usual. There wasn't just the stench of weed here though, there were other things. Other distasteful things, she just couldn't put her finger on.

Marshall leaned forwards towards the sat nav, carefully putting in the coordinations to the destination. She sat here patiently while he was doing so, flipping through the radio stations until she found one she liked. She giggled, an Eminem song was playing.

She didn't really know how he reacted when hearing his own music, broadcasting over radio stations. But by now, he must be used to it. He looked up from the sat nav, and cringed. What was wrong with him? Stan was playing, one of Ambers favourite Eminem songs, yet Marshall looked so tense.

Quickly, she turned the radio off, and started driving to the destination. Why was he acting that way? To her surprise, they were driving towards an amusement park. She hadn't been here since her parents were still happily married, and that was way over ten years ago.

It was much bigger, and advanced then back then. There were lots of new and exciting rides, some things she wasn't even aware of existing. She rolled the car into the parking lot, questionable stares as the $1.1m car stopped.

Didn't he have a cheaper car? Wasn't Marshall aware that the car had a high risk of being stolen? But he didn't care, why should he? He opened his car door, pulling his mask up onto his face. Amber did the same, locking the car and placing the keys into her right jean pocket.

The sign in desk, only had a small queue. There was only a small family in front of them, two parents with a small child. The child, was standing still next to her parents, looking confused at her surroundings.

Marshall bought them two tickets, and also bought Amber a stuffed animal (which she repeatedly told him she didn't need). "So which ride shall we go on?" Marshall asked her, as they walked through the busy park. Kids were running around holding onto balloons and cotton candy. It was certainly a place, where they stuck out.

Amber already had the impression that she was much more brave then Marshall was. It appeared, that he was cowering away from any of the tall and fast rides. Grinning cheekily to herself, she pointed at a ride called the "Death drop".

Marshall glanced at the ride and back at Amber. The fear on his face was overwhelming, she'd never seen a man so scared. "Come on- don't be a pussy!" Amber giggled, grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the line.

She was much stronger then she looked, so she was able to drag him even when he stood still in protest. Then they were sitting in the chair for the ride. The ride slowly lifted you one hundred feet into the air, to which it would stop. It only stopped for a minute or two, it was a pleasant way to  get a good view of the scenery and park below you. But then it drops, it drops extremely fast. So fast, that it would send your lunch out of your stomach. But it wasn't too much for Amber to handle. But Marshall, she couldn't be sure.

The seat was sweaty, there were two other girls sitting beside Amber and Marshall. The two girls were clutching onto each other excitedly, and the ride hadn't even begun. It wasn't a freezing day, but it felt cold sitting next to Marshall.

He was squished in next to Amber, and he was still gripping onto her hand. It was cold now, his cold sweat was dripping into pools of liquid on her small hands. "Big, badass Marshall. Scared of a little fairground ride." She chuckled, smirking at his petrified face.

Then the ride began, slowly lifting into the air. You could see everything, the feeling of the wind, the skyline, the sound of the screams. Yet the only thing that she could smell was Marshall's fear.

🥰