-XII-

It stopped

It stopped. The ride was suspended 100 feet into the air. Amber knew it would drop soon, and so did Marshall. He closed his eyes, and began cursing to himself, she was sure he was regretting this now.

The two girls beside them, were also scared now. Am I the only one who's excited? Amber thought, looking down at her hand. It was almost swelling, at how tight Marshall had hold of it.

Then it dropped, it felt faster then a bullet train.

It was like a mixture of fear and excitement, all the surroundings were blurring past her. It was like a rainbow of colours, all merged as one. Screams, were all they could hear (Marshall's screams overpowering everyone else's).

Marshall was the first person off the ride. He sprinted straight off of it, and waited far away. Amber giggled, at his blue face, and his sour expression. "I will never ever, go on another fucking ride again!" He almost shouted, parents and kids giving him questionable glances.

"Hey- Marshall let's just go shall we?"
Amber exclaimed embarrassedly, putting her arm around his and dragging him away. "Where's next on our day out?" She asked him, as they entered the car.

"I was actually thinking we could go shopping." He suggested, holding onto his stomach, still feeling sick and nauseous. "Oh- do you need something?" She asked him, starting up the engine. He sat silently for a moment, contemplating what to say. He didn't want to sound to forward.

"I was actually thinking of buying you something." He said rather shyly, rubbing the back of his head with his palm. She looked at him, her face almost ballistic. "No- Don't buy me anything.. I'm fine!" She exclaimed guiltily. If there was one thing she hated, she hated being in debt to someone.

After twenty minutes of arguing around the situation, Marshall gave in. Just this whole situation, made him realise how different she was to all the other girls he'd ever dated. He didn't want to make Amber uncomfortable, that wouldn't make him happy at all.

"How about this- just one shop. Nothing more nothing less." He said, reaching his last resort. He had always thought, girls loved to be materialised. That was just basic knowledge, but apparently not Amber Lakeside.

Eventually, she agreed to go to only one shop. Although, Marshall insisted his own choice of where to go. So of course, they ended up in a Chanel shop. Amber had made a deal in her brain, that she'd buy the cheapest thing in the shop.

But to her surprise, nothing was under $50. Marshall guided her, to the women's area with ease. He must know this place well.. is this where he takes his other girls? Amber shook her head, and followed him, blocking out any negative thoughts from her mind.

The area, was full of dresses. Flowing ones, all light shades, like white and pink. She wasn't sure if this was the correct area, it looked much to elegant. "Why are we in the wedding and formal wear section?" She accused him, looking around sourly.

"No through there, there is a section you'd probably like more." He said, pointing to a clearing in the clothes. She walked over, and stood in amazement. This area, had everything she liked, except it looked much more expensive then what she wore.

She quickly rummaged through her bag for her purse, and started checking the price for numerous items, looking shocked, and putting them back. Marshall chuckled to himself, seeing her so indecisive and frantic.

"Choose anything, I'll get it you." He smoothly said, picking up all the items she had picked up previously. She blinked twice, was he serious? Of course, she wanted these items, but she couldn't help feel awful that he had to pay for them. Even if all of these items, were nothing to him.

Maybe she should just agree, but before she could answer there was suddenly loud screams. High pitched screams of a woman, and deep voices. Marshall and Amber jumped back, walking towards the voices in curiosity.

But she saw it before Marshall did. She quickly grabbed his sleeve and pulled him down beneath a clothes rail. There were two men, dressed in fully black  with pistols. Amber felt her heart beat hard in her chest, never had she been in such a situation.

Marshall's face was covered in fear, one of the men scanning around the shop for anybody he could take hostage. Amber began to crawl away, Marshall following close behind. They made it to the back of the store, where they sold perfumes and home items.

Quietly and quickly, she began rummaging around the shelves looking for something to use. Although, most of the things they had were plastic and useless. She passed Marshall a glass mirror, "Use this as a shield, I know it may not work well.. but it's better then nothing." He nodded, holding it securely in his left arm.

"As your bodyguard I made an oath to protect you... do you have a lighter on you?" He looked at her in an alarmed way, before handing her his lighter. "The fuck are you gonna do with that?" He whispered, as she opened her bag.

She reached in and pulled out a can of hairspray. This will do the trick, she thought, heading towards the men. Marshall knew she was taking a big risk, and so did she. But she couldn't just stand here and watch this place get robbed.

"Stand down!" She shouted out to them as the two men turned towards her. She couldn't exactly see their faces under their hoods, but she could see their sly grins. "Telling us to stand down, a weak little bitch like yourself?" One said, his voice rather deep and breathless.

Instead, of getting onto her knees and praying for her life, as they aimed their gun, she stood up aiming the hairspray bottle at them. This only caused them to laugh harder, Marshall behind the clothes rails worried and helpless. He didn't know what to do.

"What's wrong honey, scared we will choke on it?" They jeered, as if the whole situation was hilarious. As they continued to taunt her, Marshall discretely called the police.

Marshall looked scared now, tears almost brimming in his eyes. They had stopped laughing now, and they had a gun aimed straight at her brain. They edged closer to her, relaxing the tip of the gun right against her head now. Yet she stood tall, she showed no fear. That was admirable, even Marshall could admit.

But she unexpectedly, kicked one of them backwards. It was probably the biggest risk she could ever take, risking her own life. They leapt back in surprise, even more angry now. He reloaded his gun, ready to shoot.

Amber shook her hairspray can, how could it be empty? She couldn't of been in a worse situation. If only it had enough left inside, to make some sort of flame thrower. She dropped the lighter, and hairspray can. She had accepted her fate. This is what happens for being brave, for taking initiative.

The sound of the bullet, ricocheted off the walls of the building. It's piercing sound, the piercing scream. The body, laying down in agony.

And they didn't take responsibility for their actions, they just ran away. The bag of cash over their shoulders.

But that was the world they lived in. Nothing lasted forever.

(Ooh this chapter was fun to write- I'm excited to get to work on the next. Stay tuned!)