-IV-

Within a few days, she was in the same black car as the previous time they met

Within a few days, she was in the same black car as the previous time they met. The same exact driver, and the same exact smell of alcohol and cigarettes. Perfect.

The journey to Marshall's house wasn't very far. It was around fifteen minutes away, from the house Amber felt herself suddenly missing. The drive there was surprisingly pleasant. It was a sunny day, which was relatively rare in a place like Detroit.

As soon as they entered Rochester Hills, she let out an audible gasp. It was beautiful, the houses were gigantic, some stretching out for miles on end. They all had pools, some even lakes. After a few minutes of driving past all these mansions, she came across one far bigger then the rest. Marshall's house.

The car pulled up to some large iron gates, which slowly opened upon noticing the car. The drive, was enormous, it was double the size of her entire street. Maybe it was bigger.

To the left, was a large lake of a lovely navy blue. It even had a basketball court, if you looked into the distance. Finally the car stopped, and the driver opened the door for her. She stood in front of the door, as the driver grabbed her luggage from the trunk.

She didn't know if she should waltz straight in or knock? She didn't even know if Marshall was here right now, he was a busy man after all. She decided to knock, it was the polite thing to do. After all, she didn't own the place.

Instead of knocking, there was actually a doorbell. That was much easier, instead of  having to hurt her hand on the hard oak door. She immediately pressed the button, and heard the doorbell ring from inside the mansion's walls.

She stood still and waited. A few minutes past, until finally someone answered it. It was a woman who answered, she was double Ambers age. Was she a maid?

"You must be Amber!" She said very cheerfully, a slight Mexican accent to her speech. "Mr Mathers has been expecting you to arrive today." She opened the door, to a large open plan hallway. There were two sets of stairs in which circled around the hall in a very modern manner.

"Wow." She mumbled, looking around. The floor was made of a spruce like wood, and the walls were made of a marble like material. As you turned to the left, there was a warmly lit living room. It had three large couches which were made of leather, and a fireplace which had a roaring fire going.

To the right, there was a kitchen. It was spotless, and had white counters and surfaces that glistened. It almost appeared like diamonds, or quartz. Was I seriously going to be living here?

"Make yourself at home, Mr. Mathers is actually out at the studio right now." The elderly lady said. "Oh, and I'm Delphine." Amber nodded, smiling back at her.

"Actually, Delphine. I was wondering if you could take me to my room? I'd like to get my luggage sorted before he returns." Amber said politely.

Without any hesitation, Delphine eagerly agreed. Beckoning Amber and the driver (who was still carrying her luggage) up the stairs. Once they got to to the first floor of rooms, there was a long corridor of random doors, known of which Amber knew where they lead to.

"Your guest room is on the top floor to the right." Delphine smiled, as she continued up another staircase. After reaching the top, Ambers legs began to ache. She could only imagine how the sixty year old woman was feeling.

"I'll leave you to get settled then," she said, and as if on cue the driver dropped the bags by my door. The door was white, it had been painted that way. Although, it was hard to tell with how perfect it looked.

She entered her room and was blown away. Is it possible to have a bedroom bigger then her entire house? There was a cream couch, which sat above a fluffy pastel pink mat. There was also a TV, although it looked more similar to the movie screen at a cinema.

There was also an exercise bike in the corner of the room. Once she looked at it closer, she realised it was a Nordictrack, the bike she'd always wished for. She had a desk, and three sets of drawers. But what surprised her the most was the walk-in closet at the end of the room.

It wasn't empty, there were a few things in there, a few bags and some outfits which were inconsequentially her size. Most of them were black, but there were a few other colours of clothes. Like teal and amber.

Her bed was king size, and had a fluffy blanket lazily lying on top of it. She just wanted to jump face first onto it, but she decided she'd check the final area out first. It was a bathroom, made of marble and wood with a shower and bathtub.
There was thankfully, a toilet and sink also in there, this was quite good. She didn't have to awkwardly walk around the house looking for the bathroom or shower to use.

She began to empty her clothes into the drawers, but still the little amount of clothing she brought only filled one drawer, leaving the other two empty. Just as she was about to jump onto her bed like planned, there was a knock on her door.

She walked up to the door, curious who it was. Maybe it was the driver, it was like her to be forgetful so perhaps she left a bag or two in the car. But no, it wasn't the driver. It was Marshall.

"Hello, gorgeous." He smirked, looking at Amber in such a flirtatious way. What's so "gorgeous" about me? I'm dressed in a yellow tee and jeans. And my hair is a mess-

"Hello Marshall." Amber replied, brushing off his previous words with ease. He chuckled at her, "I see you're getting acquainted to your room." Amber could see him peeking through the crack in the door where she was standing. Shit, I must of left some clothes out-

"Well yeah. You didn't have to give me a room this big, one half this size would of sufficed." Amber explained, feeling guilty and awkward as his gaze set on her.

"Sorry Babe, I don't have any smaller bedrooms in the house." Babe? What the fuck is wrong with him. My names Amber- Amber for gods sake...

"Can we refrain from the nicknames. Just call me Amber." He sniggered at this, ignoring what she had just said completely. "Anyhow darling.. I came up here to say that I have some of my boys here, and I and them, want to see my new bodyguard in action." He said cheerfully, he sounded high the way he was talking to me now.

"Sure." Amber mumbled, it wasn't like she could refuse him. Especially after him giving her this room. No sorry, Apartment. "Just let me get changed out of this... and I'll meet you out here."

He slowly nodded, as she closed the door in his face. I hadn't even been here for two hours and I was already having to show him my skills? I thought I was his bodyguard not his amusement toy for him and his friends.

She sighed, as she put on a sports bra and some leggings and put her hair into a bun. This was going to be interesting, very interesting.

(I noticed more people are reading this fic now, not many more but more. So I'm really greatful for anyone who's reading this!)