-XXXIX-

"That's right! Amber Lakeside and Marshall Mather's tour has finally come to a close! Can you believe how big it was?" The news reporter laughed, looking at Marshall and Amber happily

"That's right! Amber Lakeside and Marshall Mather's tour has finally come to a close! Can you believe how big it was?" The news reporter laughed, looking at Marshall and Amber happily. After eleven hard months, the tour had finished come to a close. Their joint album 'Company of two' had been nominated to win the best rap album award.

And that's why they were here now, at the 2010 Billboard music awards. Winning an award for her music, that had always been a goal for Amber, so if she were to win this award then that would really be a dream come true.

When showing up to such a prestigious event, casual attire isn't in the dress code. Black sequins were perfectly placed on Ambers evening gown, they glistened under the light of the room. All eyes had darted to her once she had arrived, she looked spectacular. Her arm was linked with Marshall's, as expected he was wearing a leather jacket. Although, this leather jacket looked more formal today, he also had black jeans and a grey tee. He looked more like a rockstar, then a hip hop artist.

Cameras flashed their way, Amber always put on a smile for the press, but she knew Marshall wouldn't do the same. He always showed an emotionless face in photos. Finding a picture of Marshall smiling, that was a rare sight. "The tour was a huge success! We are thankful for everyone who attended." Amber smiled, holding Marshall's hand tightly now.

"And to be nominated best rap album of the year, that's a big reward. Do you think you stand a chance?" She forwardly asked, the camera staring into Marshalls face now. "Who are the other nominees?" Marshall asked the woman.

"The other nominees are, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Kanye west and Drake!" She exclaimed, looking at Ambers alarmed face. "Ah, then we will be taking the trophy home tonight." The woman looked even more eager now, "You seem very sure Eminem!" But before Amber could reply Marshall chuckled, grabbing Ambers hand and walking away from the cameras.

"Do you really think we will win?" Amber asked him, noticing the same woman interviewing Nicki Minaj now. "Amber, we didn't put in all this hard work for nothing. We are taking this trophy home otherwise there will be a fight!" Amber could only hope he was kidding.

He was right, they had to take home this trophy. The kids had to take time off of school to travel around the country with them, them winning this prize was a representation that it was all worth it. Not only to them, but to the world. Winning this trophy, put them on top of their game.

Marshall and Amber had also been nominated for some awards for their solo albums. Amber had been nominated for 'new artist' and Marshall had been nominated for 'Male artist'. These awards were good, but they wanted their album to win most of all.

They began to fill into the audience with the rest of the celebrities. It was weird to see so many celebrities in the audience, and not on stage. Marshall and Amber sat in the middle row near Dr Dre and Paul Rosenberg. A few other rappers that they were familiar with were also sitting nearby.

"Good luck guys," Dre smiled, patting them both on the shoulder. Ambers nominations for new artist were big celebrities, she had Justin Bieber, Taio Cruz, Ke$ha, Bruno Mars and Nicki Minaj against her. Nicki Minaj? She had way more fans then Amber did. But if she were to lose against Justin Bieber, that would definitely be a tragedy.

And Marshall's competition for male artist were: Justin Bieber, Drake, Bruno Mars and Usher. She could see Justin Bieber in the crowd, his attention was fixed on the stage, he was so young. Seventeen? In a way, to be able to make it that far at this age, was quite admirable.

A presenter made their way onto the stage, it wasn't someone Amber recognised. She had long blonde hair, and tanned skin. She was wearing a floral dress, she looked really pretty. "So let's get started with the 2011 Billboard music awards!" Everyone cheered, but Marshall didn't he just watched the stage intently.

"Alright, so first up we have the nominations for Top streaming artist!" The audience cheered loudly, "So the nominations are: Lady gaga! Shakira! Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Eminem!" Eminem? Amber looked at his surprised face, he was also unaware that he had been nominated for this award. The crowd was cheering loudly, "So the winner is.... Justin Bieber!" The crowd cheered, well most of the crowd our section of the crowd, where the hip hop artists were, we didn't clap.

So after Justin Bieber had won 6 awards, the top new artist winner was called out. Marshall had his fingers holding onto hers tightly, her heart was beating out of her chest. "THE WINNER IS.... AMBER LAKESIDE!" Suddenly a loud applause boomed in her ears, slowly she walked up towards the stage. She could feel everyone's eyes on her.

"Congratulations!" The woman laughed, handing Amber the trophy. "Is there anything you'd like to say?" Amber nodded, taking the mic in her spare hand. "I'd like to thank all my fans, friends and family. But most importantly Dr Dre, Paul and Marshall." The crowd clapped harder, as she made her way off stage and back to Marshall.

Marshall pulled her into a hug, and Dr Dre and Paul congratulated her. She looked down at the trophy, her name was engraved into it. She smiled to herself. Once Marshall had expectedly won Top male artist, the final award was being called out. Top rap album.

"So, we are almost over now, the final award is the top rap album!" Some people cheered, but the pop artists cheering wasn't too enthusiastic. "Our nominations are... Thank me later by Drake! Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj! I am not a human being by Lil Wayne! My beautiful dark twisted fantasy by Kanye West and Company of two, by Eminem and Amber Lakeside!"

Amber felt her face heat up, it was warm in here, but that wasn't the reason. In less then a minute, the results would come out. "Calm down, Amber. We got this." Marshall whispered in her ear, she nodded slowly.

"So the winner is... COMPANY OF TWO BY EMINEM AND AMBER LAKESIDE!" Amber almost fainted, Marshall put his hand out to her, and she grabbed it. They made their way up stage, hands entwined. All eyes were on them now, everyone knew who they were. She could see Dre's happy face in the audience.

"Congratulations you two! Is there anything you'd like to say before you perform?" PERFORM?! Amber blinked in surprise, she wasn't aware that she had to perform. "Yes." Marshall said, taking the mic.

"When we created this album, we thought we were only doing it for fun. We never expected it to get so big, and for that we are thankful. And in all honesty, I never thought we were going to win, at first I wasn't going to show up, but I did for you." He turned to face Amber and she smiled, pulling him into a gentle kiss.

"So are you ready to perform?" They both nodded, getting into their positions on stage. She opened her mouth and let the words flow out.

"I told you we'd win," he laughed, as they arrived home. Suddenly they heard some loud talking and shouting from upstairs. "What the fuck is that?" Marshall asked, slowly walking upstairs towards the sound. Amber followed him, it was coming from the studio in the house.

They peered through the crack in the door, to see Rose, Hailie, Hunter and Alex. They were all wearing caps, and T-shirt's that belonged to Marshall. They had turned on Ambers old Karaoke machine, and had a beat in the background from Hailies phone.

They were rapping? Marshall and Amber almost collapsed in laughter, they were adorable.

It's over. Thank you for reading this, there will be one more chapter a Q&A of questions I have been asked over here, Instagram, Twitter and discord. So check that out if you're interested! ❤️ once again, Tysm for going on this journey with me!