Murderer

~~~Lucian

I swing my blade guarding my back. They are attacking me all at once, they must know of my skill. My blade had suddenly broken, it was no surprise and I kept defending against my attackers. 'Your sword is broken, do you think you stand a chance Zealot of the throne.' I smile as I discard the broken blade. Their blatant disrespect had left a bad taste in my mouth. "I don't need a sword," I say as I smile. "All you gentleman did was guarantee the most excruciating death I can give you."

'Enough talk it's time for you to die.' One of them swung their blade going straight for my head, I dodged as the other three then tried to lunge their blades through me. I felt one stab into me hitting my right lung but I dodged the other two. He missed my heart and I grip the blade and break it. The others are no slouches, they then try to plunge their blades and to me. I ram the broken blade into his skull, it didn't kill him but it would distract him it cost me my left arm though. I didn't care, I placed my right hand into the other vampire's chest.

"That's one," I say while smiling. 'You monster why are you smiling you can't regrow your limbs fast enough to prevent us from killing you.' These fools asininely thought I was taking them seriously. I refuse to take a bunch of children seriously. I grabbed the blade so quick they didn't even notice, all three of them began to attack me. This blade was not made of cheap steel. The stainless steel was beautiful. Too bad it held nothing to my sword.

"You gentlemen are doing pretty bad, I only have one arm." I had already pushed them back, they began to try and attack me from behind. I continued to focus on the two in front of me, I knew they were going for my right arm. They want me to make a mistake. I give them that mistake, I let the blade slip out of my hands. One of them goes to cut my hand off, and I put it right in his chest. I didn't hit his heart, I missed it on purpose entirely. I then throw him at the other one. The other one lets his guard down, as he catches him. I turn around and I go for my real target. He was smart to make his presence scarce, but I never forgot him. Right before his blade could decapitate me, I dodged to the left surprising him entirely.

With one fierce thrust, I broke through his rib cage and punched through his heart. Even if it wasn't wood, no heart could withstand that kind of impact. I then say to them telepathically "And then there were two." I can barely look into people's minds but sending messages is another matter entirely. I want them to know I'm going to enjoy killing them. My other arm had regrown, and the other two had composed themselves as they began to attack me. I pick up both of the blades as I begin to recover. My left arm had lost a lot of strength but it could still wield a blade. I use both the blades as offense and defense I cut one of their arms off. I then turn the blades into reverse grips use the blades and thrust behind me. I killed the one behind me, the double-edged blades finding their target.

He burst all over me, "and then there was one." I say with a melody in my voice. "Your next." I smile, a sinister smile at him. As I said, "I'll let you live if you run away." his blade was shaking, he didn't want to die. I knew that fear on his face, that fear knowing that you could do nothing to change your fate. Your body feels weak you want to fall over but you don't falter. You want to run away but you don't, but you know running could make it worse. Most people do run no matter what because they desperately want to live. I knew that they face so well not because of the 900 years I had lived. I knew it so well because today I was killing so many people. In the last hundred years, I had killed a lot of innocent people, and plenty of shitty people. I am still being reminded of how many innocent people I have killed. how many times am I going to have to kill children, how many times am I going to have to leave those boys to their deaths? all to grasp the god that will never show them his grace.

I believe in God because I know at the end of it all there is a God and we must endure any hardships in this life. Even if those hardships should bring us to death, too bad he took the wrong path. I could see the fear on his face and I gave him something he didn't deserve. I showed him how fast I could have truly killed him. With one step I was already past him, I cleaned my sword off with one motion. 'If you could have killed us, why didn't you just do it like this from the beginning?'