The Queen and her Son part 1

~~~Lilith June 21, 1921,

I was standing in our room, packing the clothes he had bought me. I only wanted the ones he bought me, not the ones I had. Clothes that were decades and even centuries old, but they were always well taken care of. The white dress that he bought me was beautiful. He once told me he spent all the money he had on this dress, even the extra that the store owner had charged him was because he knew I was a pure woman. It wasn't a bridal gown, we could never get married, but this dress symbolized how he and I would live as if we were married.

The dress had gone all the way down to my knees it was backless, but the dress had short sleeves and fit me correctly, it was nothing special about it, but every time I wore it I felt beautiful. I knew I was going to take this with me. He told me that he went through all the trouble because Michael knew that I was going to be the only woman he loved in his life. I wish Michael were immortal so he could understand that you can love more than one person. A real problem with you being human was that you could spend all of your life looking for somebody and still not find them. You probably could never find the one the person that will love you, and you do the same in turn.

I met Michael on my first trip to Baltimore, Maryland; he was working at the local steel mill I was visiting. I spent a nice portion of my time visiting the areas and the landmarks so I could find suitable feeding grounds. It was a local liquor In that area that I fancied; it was imperative since I did not want to alert any of my kind here. They knew I left the throne; they did not know where I was; that was precisely what I wanted. I wanted what humans had, at least for a little while. I winded up, spending ten years here with Michael.

From what I learned, there was a massive power vacuum that was forming someone who was trying to retake my throne. I would've thought after the first attempt and me making an example by ripping someone in half like a wet book. Even a fool would've realized you couldn't take it even if you wanted to. It was quite irresponsible of me, but between sleeping, feeding, and ruling a kingdom, my life had begun to become monotonous. The only real enjoyment I got was watching the humans. They were always active and busy, and here I was trapped in my kingdom or so I thought. The day I left, I did not look back, and God knows I don't regret it, I just wish I could take him with me, but I know his answer. Michael was a strong man, even if he never would find someone whom he could love with everything he would always love our son.

He was a nobleman, with a stoic demeanor. He was 6'3, which was tall for human standards, a bonus to me. He had always tried to maintain himself, so he kept his hair short, but kept his beard he had a round head and a box face. He had chocolate skin and brown eyes. He had a sharp chin though you would not be able to tell that unless he shaved. He was almost always quiet around his peers, but he could almost always talk my ear off, and I would listen. We had almost always had full and engaging conversations. He was quite smart for a man with no education.

Although he almost always had a lingering sadness in him. He had all of that trauma, and he still had the strength to be with a "white" woman, but I was far from white. I would always try to pass myself off as albino though no one would know what that meant when I was with him. I honestly think he knew there was something more to me than meets the eye. No, I knew he had known something more he just refused to speak on it.

I took one look around our medium bedroom; it had a Queen size bed on a metal frame. The frame was of good quality, because of the steel used to make it. The mattress is sturdy and soft, it has seen better days, but I knew it would last years. The blankets were simply blue, but they were knit by hand at a local clothing shop. He paid good money to make sure I had quality sheets and blankets.