The Birth of Apollos Morten

~~~Apollos

11, 04, 1950

'Gabriel you don't have to do this.' My mind was made up. She might as well have been speaking to a wall. " My mind is made," I said with an empty and melancholic tone. 'Are you sure you want to do this?' She said almost in a sad voice, I had no reason to keep the name, Gabriel Roberts. I had no reason to stay as a human, I lost almost everything as a human. In the end, I couldn't even protect anyone, in the end, I was weak Gabriel Roberts was weak. Gabriel Roberts is weak.

'Alright.' She said in a voice straining to be calm. She and I both knew this was coming. It was more of a factor of when? I think he always wanted me to be a vampire and stand by her. I could do that, but I couldn't do it as Gabriel Roberts. We talked about the vampire subject twice, the first time I couldn't do it. This second time, I can do it I didn't have anything else left in life so why not? She left out of the room, and I went back to cleaning my guns.

'Oh, you're going to go through with it.' I heard Zamiel's voice fill the air, I found myself almost surprised that she came again. "You told me the truth." This was also another reason why I was willing to abandon my humanity. "I lost everything, on top of that..." I turned to face her, she was almost arrogant with that smile on her face. "Hans would never stop, after he was done with me and my family he was going to kill the queen." She nodded and said: 'He won't stop.' This was a certainty that I knew was true. He wanted to break me and then watch me suffer before he killed me. I never knew what I did to this man to deserve such hatred, but I don't care anymore. He needs to be snuffed out.

' Once you turn into a vampire, it will take you years to be on his level.' She reminded me that I was going to be powerless to stop him as a human, he was a great tactician and on top of that a skilled telepath. "I know." She smiled and said: 'Are you sure you know?' She said that and she moved behind me, all of that speed within a blink of an eye. "Why did you feel the need to remind me?" I felt almost insulted that she did that, she then said: ' I know people like you.' I turned only to look at a window. 'Once you turned into a vampire you would stop at nothing to kill him.' She was behind me again, she was attempting to make me lose my head. "So what of it?" I said without even facing her. 'He would use that against you, he would use images of your wife to stop you.' I felt my anger rising, but what could I do but wear myself down by looking like a fool?

'You would react to her and then you kill yourself.' She was right. I turned around and said: "Go fuck yourself." With a serious voice, she then said. 'You want power for all the wrong reasons.' She even stood up and said. 'You want to win that desperately?' Of course, I did. 'I accept the truth, Gabriel could not do what needed to be done because he was a good man.' A tear flowed down my face, she was right. 'Apollos Morten though will win because he understands the value of patience.'

'That's why you renounced your name because Gabriel Roberts couldn't save a goddamn thing.' She was right and that was the truth of the matter. 'You were a good man. You still are, but if you want to succeed over Hans you have to let Gabriel die with Wendy, and let Apollos Morten the 9th Prince of Queen Lilith Crush Hans into ash.'

"You're right." I.. said The truth stung like a motherfucker, but she was right.

~~~Lilith

I sat on my bed calm and ready. I wore a white dress shirt and a black skirt. The white stockings I wore were nicely designed I always seem to go through them more than I go through humans.

I thought about everything that had happened, there was a chance he would attempt to kill Hans. I know what my son is going to do, but I can't rob him of that opportunity. I have to let him make this choice on his own. I will support him, but I will not aid in my son's death.