Don't tell Mother

~~~Gabriel

'You're going through with this aren't you?' I didn't bother answering her, I was still getting things prepared. It was a wonder why no one checked my room daily, but it didn't matter. I had been grateful for my military training, it would help me with creating a good distraction. 'You know it's quite impolite to ignore a question, especially since I'm the one who provided you with the knowledge to build a bomb.'

I finally finished making sure the cooking timer was completely off, the rudimentary craftsmanship screamed amateur. Though the dynamite made from the gunpowder of my ammo, and the nitroglycerin given to me was small in amount. It didn't need a large blast radius. It just needed to be enough to kill a single person. The rest of it was used to make a distraction. "Yes." I could tell that my bland response had disappointed her to a degree. I had been calm and calculated since she met me. She did not see me become too emotional or caring about subjects other than this one. Everything that I had been working on for the last few weeks had been coming to fruition. From the continued talking and aiding with Rachel down to the fact that I managed to get everything I needed in order to dispatch Rachel. "You've given me all the information I need, so why are you still here?" She then walked closer and then said. 'I could rip you apart right now but you're too calm.'

"You have a use for me, and I can already imagine with all that power you have. You could do anything you want." She laughed and then said: "You're right, it would be a waste to bring you back from the dead and aid you the way I am only for you to be put down like a dog.' She took a massive gamble telling me everything, but I already knew a lot of the bullshit that had happened to me. "As of right now only I and Lilith know these things. No one else knows what we know. I would like to keep it that way especially since Lucian is looking for a reason to put me down." She had frozen time to allow me to work and she would remain silent for the most part, this was the best time to do it all. No sound could travel and no one would have to worry about what I'd been doing, they would only think that I was in my room sulking or reading.

I would almost always randomly come out to stop Lilith whenever she went too far with her torture, I would show Rachel humanity every step of the way. I would even exchange a conversation with her, telepathically we would talk and we had to be careful not to alert anyone. It was a great thing that Lilith decided to seclude the basement, she made sure thoughts could never get out, but I don't think she realized she couldn't read the thoughts inside of these walls. Silver works on werewolves and vampires, it just has two different effects. Werewolves were allergic, but it was a moderate irritation at worse. Vampires, on the other hand, had a much harder time dealing with it, as it sapped their strength and burned them. Their strength being sapped meant that they were almost as weak as a human, they also lost a lot of their speed. This put them on a human's level at least for a short time, all you would have to do is dispatch her quickly. Silver also worked as a telepathic dampener.

'All you have to do to reach me is call my name.' I nodded, and with that, she was gone. I looked at the alarm clock and realized it was already 5:30 a.m., pretty soon they will be switching the guards out and it will be Anastasia, Jason, and Edward. They make their changes around 6:30 a.m. From then on they don't switch off until 12:45 a.m. This was excellent as I could make it so that Anastasia could slip me by at 12:30 a.m.

I went down the hall basement and noticed Lucian was there to meet me, why now of all times? 'Why do you insist on talking to that traitor?' I was already irritated, he was wasting my time all over again. "Why do you care?" He opened his mouth to say something, but before he can answer I answered for him. "To find another reason to put me down?" He was silent and I knew to a certain degree it had truth to it. 'It not like that.' My eyebrows raised, and the first thought in my mind was that this suave arrogant ass says that? "I thought to lie to a human was beneath the vampire?" His eyes widened, did he think I wouldn't find out? He was silent for a minute, but I knew that was the end of this conversation. I walked past him and made my way to the basement.