Watchful eyes of a heated Battle

~~~Kaoru

Lucian was right; they did get more than what they bargained for. Physically he was fine, though his clothing told a different story. He was still clutching his Bible, though; he was still protecting it. Devout Christian is always. We had been out here for about a day and a half. The battle was heated, and the way Apollos handled himself was surprising. Our thermal vision came in handy from looking at fights. Vampires were still significantly warmer than snow, so you could even see them. The hospital windows being blown out made it easier to track everybody. "His speed and power have improved significantly."

'I still stand by what I said.' Lucian was hard to impress, but he knew what he was seeing. 'He had so much potential, but he was also so weak in the mental area.' Thinking of it from an analytical point of view, he had a point. 'You can't cage yourself thinking like a human. If you fight like a human, you're going to lose like a human.' This was a point that was overstated. "-- But If you fight like a vampire, you're going to win like a vampire." Another aspect that could not be
underestimated.

Apollos was weak mentally. He was the weakest link out of everyone, the easiest one to attack. "So could there have been a sudden turn in advantages?" Lucian shrugged and said, 'he has potential, that makes him that much of a threat.' He had a good point; his strength was on the scale of mom's even if it was only for a second. "When do you think we should interfere?"

'Soon, but not now.' I heard her voice, but I did not think it was possible. "Orm?" I had to confirm that voice by looking at her. She was here, too; she took the longest to get back here. 'He can handle the smaller forces by himself; It's Jeane I'm worried about.' Orm was right. She posed the most significant threat here. For someone around 300 years old, she was a danger. 'We'll interfere if they do something stupid.'

"'Agreed.'" Lucian and I said. Both of us held our swords; I was ready to cut a man in half if I had to. Orm had no reason to be armed; her strength could quickly dispatch an Elder. 'If we interfered now, the fight would be over before it even started.' We needed to see what he was capable of. If he wasn't capable of much, then what was all this death for?

The way he attacks his enemies. Especially the ones that are older than him are ruthless. He knows the first thing they'll do is protect their hearts. So instead, he goes for their face, a flurry of punches strong enough to turn a human's face into mush. Once they're off guard, they'll attempt to defend with whatever hand is their dominant hand. He'll fall back, only to impale them right in the heart.

When he has a shotgun, he is twice as lethal. The rims were strong enough to send someone flying. Even vampires had a hard time dealing with them. He would always aim for their stomachs first. It's excruciating and beneficial. Having a hole blown through there makes you unable to run away. From then, he would execute them with a chest shot.

'They are effective as a team.' Orm was right; I was so focused on Apollos. 'Anastasia and Priscilla are effective at distractions.' I saw how Anastasia used her unnatural strength to wound a vampire critically. She had him in an arm lock using him as a shield. He was shot multiple times, yet somehow he did not turn into a puddle of blood. She had taken two attackers out while Apollos shot the other one square in his head. Priscilla's going to have a lot to explain. I'm surprised Orm hasn't mentioned it. 'The way Priscilla wields her blades--- you taught her well.'

"I think maybe it's time for us to go," I said with a bit of caution. Lucian looked at me and then turned back to the battle. 'Do what you want, but I'm not doing anything.' He said with a callous tone. 'Mother is entirely too soft on him.' I turn to Lucian almost baffled that he had the audacity. 'He never had her.' I could hear the annoyance in Orm's voice. 'Unlike us, he had nothing.' Lucian had then said, 'I don't mean like that.'