The Illusion Of Freedom.

~~~Jeane

I was surprised when I saw his face. Why was he here? Why was this mass murderer here? Why was I so afraid of him? Was it because of how he attacked us like an avenging angel? Killing anyone with a weapon or who dared try to fight him. I felt anxiety in my chest; I felt fear. I was so afraid that my knees began to shake. I couldn't hide the fear in my face. He had bags with him, too; he didn't bring Anastasia. It was just him. I felt the fear in my chest overflowing; I made myself scarce, knowing that I didn't want to be around him. Before I could leave, I heard my name.

It was Prince Apollos, he had called to me. I felt the blood in me, urging me forward. Even though it wasn't a direct order, it was telling me to do what he said. His blood was in my veins, and it was almost as if he corrupted me. I didn't feel any different, though; I just didn't like the idea of having him as my master. When Hans freed us all from his control Apollos took control for himself. However, vampires couldn't do it. He did it; he did The Impossible something that we had experimented with. It never worked, yet he had that power, the power to enforce his will on others. Was this by evolution? Or was this something far beyond our understanding?

'I would like to talk to you.' I heard his voice, he wanted to talk to me. Everyone looked at me I could feel their eyes beaming on me. Tension has gotten high in the last few days, from the fact that rumors broke out to the fact that we've had open hostility. These soldiers and civilians were with Lilith in conflict. All of these vampires have served with her and have served on the front lines with her. She was an effective military leader, and that couldn't be taken from her.

We began to walk to his private room, I didn't know we had any left. Or maybe this was already arranged. He recognized I was standoffish and said, 'Calm yourself.' It didn't help me at all, I'm staying calm and it isn't helping me. I was not just standoffish towards him; I was afraid of him. "I have no intention of hurting or killing anyone." It was as if this was a different person standing before me. Not the killing machine that murdered all of those vampires and forced me to go on the offensive. He's just a man who wants to talk. I calmed myself and said how can I help you, Prince Apollos?

It was then that Anton came in. 'You requested to see me, my prince?' Was it really necessary for him to bring Anton here? What was going on?

~~~Apollos

It was time I started working everything into action. I knew I was going to have a lot of work ahead of me. It would take years for me to build the trust of these men. First, though I had to start at the very core of everything. First I had to start with Jeane and Anton. Before I begin I have we start on a clean slate. I nodded at Anton and he started. 'I sided with Apollos before the final battle.' She was shocked to hear the truth I knew she would be, thanks to him he managed to buy us more time. 'I was willing to die for them, I realized Hans was selling snake oil a long time ago.'

I could see the anger on her face, it was clear didn't think I was capable of surviving her. So I had Priscilla and Anastasia protecting me oh, they had been doing everything to keep me alive. She even said, 'So why are you telling me this now?' Anton was unfazed and said, 'Because I was going to tell you eventually.' I came here with nobody guard nor any form of defense. I didn't even want Zamiel to interfere, she was thinking I had something up my sleeve. She knows how dangerous I am. She knows I could torment her till the end of her life and she could do nothing about it.

"I have no intention of harming you in any way." She did not allow herself to relax completely but she did calm herself. 'Okay, so what do you want?' It was good to see that snake in her show its head. I would say I trusted her about as far as I could throw her, but the problem is I could throw that bitch pretty far. "How many people do you think died in this conflict?" I asked her honestly expecting her not to know. 'I'm not sure, not something I took time to think about.' I was right.