A Good Person

~~~Priscilla

'I heard you met our brother before?' I heard Jebediah talking yet I still was trying to grasp the information that I heard. I met Gabriel no Apollos when he was a child. I had done so without Mother ever knowing, I know it hurt her to leave Michael. She talked about him in passing whenever he came up in a conversation, this was back when many vampires did not see her fit to be the queen.

"Well, Jeb I did meet him." It was no new information that I could get any kind of information I wanted. I may be stuck as a 12-year-old but I was far from being 12. "He was a kind young boy, he had the goofiest smile and was solitary," I said as I reflected on the past. 'It hurt Mother to leave.' Jebediah said that was obvious, she hardly ever talked about them. Leaving Gabriel and Michael had to be one of the hardest things she had to do. It wasn't like before when they just turned down immortality and decided to live peaceful lives. She would stay with them until death even if they refused. The choice she'd had decided to make this time was necessary.

"So how did you know?" Jebediah ran his hands through his beard. He had a medium nose and cold blue eyes, he didn't want to answer and that was understandable. He had his secrets things that others didn't know. He had a genuine curiosity about him which made people either give him the information or watch him extremely closely. His slender yet muscular physique along with the fact that he was 5'10 gave him a strong but relaxed look.

He was from the South and was born on February 29th, 1682. He had been born in colonial Virginia, and the twins and mother spent a lot of time together. Especially since Europe had plenty of things happening with its infinite amount of wars, skirmishes, and plots. Jebediah Morten The Red Prince.

Jebediah got his name in the Revolutionary and Civil War. All the wars he participated in,
and were some of the most defining. The Revolutionary War was when he committed the most atrocities, he turned a few of his men into vampires and had them storm the battlefields. The chaos would have been a sick fantasy if you never saw it. It was the horror of watching men throw their muskets aside while being shot at, bullets penetrating their skin and they still didn't stop. Before long they began devouring those soldiers.

I witnessed the battle take place, I witnessed how some of those men were starving, bleeding out, and even dying and his anger consuming him. In that pure rage he broke seven of our laws, he turned about 150 men into vampires, then used the remaining to run ahead as shields. The battlefield was nothing but a massacre in a matter of minutes.

'When you went missing that day I talked with one of our aides.' He was referencing when I went to go meet Gabriel, I'm surprised he even answered, but I got ready to make my way downstairs to meet Gabriel. We came all this way to France just to see him, Saul would be joining us also.

The plane ride was long and obnoxious, unfortunately. Then again we were coming from Berlin, and we had no choice but to take the long way. "Saul?" I said trying to wake my brother up. I don't understand how someone can sleep on a plane ride and at home. I thought he would be excited to be on a plane for the first time, he just took a nap in a giant metal bird. I guess that's what happens when you get old, things hardly faze you. Saul had allowed himself to age and live a full life. By the time he was 61 years old, our Mother turned him.

I used to be green with envy because I couldn't age. Now I just don't care, there's more to me than my looks. It took a while for me to accept that I was older than both of them but I had the most childlike look out of everyone. I consolidated all of the reports that we had read as we prepared to leave. I had put on my schoolgirl uniform, the checkered skirt, and then knee-high socks making me feel like a kid all over again. The white school uniform button-up shirt and sweater are reminiscent of a French School in the area.