Ulterior Motives

~~~Gabriel November 1, 1950

Her screams filled the basement, I sat there drinking my coffee wondering how long she was going to be screaming. She should be used to this by now she lost her fingers 50 times over and they have regrown every time. Each torture had been more creative than the last, well maybe I didn't have that much imagination. I never was one for torture, Lilith had been doing all of it. To her, this wasn't just about her. This was something more, to her this was personal. Lilith had done everything, from shocking her with electricity until the woman's skin melted off, I had never seen lightning shoot out of her hands. Each time she healed her to complete health, and each time she enjoyed breaking her down to the point of death.

We resided back in the mansion where I met her for the first time. It was almost a Deja Vu feeling especially watching her get tortured. I finished my cup of coffee, and I went downstairs to the basement. 'Please you have to tell her to stop, I have told you everything I know.' I sat down in the chair, smiled, and said: "I believe you." Relief flowed over her face, she had been here for well over a month. A month since that incident and a month since I realize how helpless I was. I went to the lever and pulled it down, it allowed her to move freely although she was chained up. Her chains could be manually pulled up again to restrain her to the wall. The chains had silver coating melted on them and were tempered steel to further strengthen them. She fell to the ground but you can tell the release mechanism was meant to hurt if you are prepared. I move closer to her, and I rolled up my sleeve. I had to switch arms since my left arm has been feeling weird ever since I woke up that day. My hand was numb, and on top of that, I still felt phantom pains. She had her fangs ripped out so I had to cut my wrists open, the blood then began to flow into her mouth. It gave her strength but I can only give her a few ounces, she was gentle and tried to avoid biting. I looked at her naked body, she had been stripped of everything. Her clothes burned in her identity removed from the world, it was as if she didn't even exist.

By the time she had finished those few ounces, she savored each taste. Afterward, I would pull the lever up and she would slowly rise to the point where she was practically hanging off the wall. 'Thank you, Gabriel.' She said it almost crying, she wasn't allowed to feed. She wasn't allowed to move other than one or two feet at a time and it was hell to move. I smiled and without words, I left the basement. Lucian was waiting outside the door. He was calm and dare I say semi-relaxed, I was beginning to walk upstairs towards my bedroom. 'Why do you insist on helping the woman that killed your family?' I continued walking I didn't bother answering him. One gust of wind later and he was already in front of my face. 'She helped take everything from you, you of all people should be trying to rip the information from her.' I ran my hand down my face and through my beard, I was almost annoyed that he was even trying to talk to me. I always felt an unease around Lucian, from the fact that he told me the truth of what he wanted to do to me. The fact that he almost always tries to peer into my mind every time I wasn't looking was worse. I could feel someone just staring at me. A lot of the times whenever I turned around I met his eyes, and he wouldn't even bother to avert his eyes.

"I don't recall me having to explain anything to you, Lucian." I kept walking and passed him, and he then appeared in front of me again. This time he grabbed me by the shoulder and said: 'She is a traitor to Queen Lilith and your enemy.' A deep breath left me, I was already tired of this shitty ass conversation. "Tell me something I don't know." His face showed signs of pure anger, and he then finally relented. I had gone back into my room and looked at my guns, and I began to go through the tedious process of taking them apart.

'You're not even going to bother to ask?' The voice of the woman filled the air again. She had been making visits every once in a while, and I knew who she was. The same woman Lilith talked about Zamiel.