Mother's Home

~~~Lilith

'Welcome home, my mother.' She said again, 'I heard word that you would be joining the war. I did not think that she would bring a stray vampire with you too.' She said this while eyeing Carter. My daughter was quite hostile when it came to other visitors, especially vampires, but it was to be expected. She hugged me even though I was in the process of shedding. She was always so honest with her feelings. She backed up and said, 'so are these our guests?' She knew I was carrying her brother, but she didn't know much about him. "This is Gabriel Roberts right now he's asleep because of my persuasion. Could you drop him off at my room, please?" She grabbed and carried him like a small child even though he was oversized. He still looks innocent while sleeping. I am also guessing she did not want to wake him either.

I pushed my voice back to normal, and I began to start allowing more of the shedding to take place mostly in the midsection, the skin was still sticking to me, and some of it was still fused. Fù-guān Was already in the mansion. She wanted to get Gabriel settled in and ready. She would be interested to hear how everything turned out before now. It was only her and the twin brother and sister in the mansion. I'm quite sure the twins were asleep. I have four of my nine children; hopefully, they can get along. It was Carter I was worried about, how would the others look at him? Especially since another vampire turned him?

Hans Victalis would pay for this. He had a grip on Carter that not even I could break. I should have killed Hans when I had the chance. He only got to live because I was attached to his master Eric. I had murdered Eric long ago. For his treachery, I'm still unsure as to why I hesitated.

We spent the majority of our time fighting, and the fact that he never wanted to kill the children made me worry for him. He killed them because he knew they would have supposedly killed Zosley and me. This entire world was dangerous for him. I could see into his thoughts being clouded more and more with thoughts of suicide. I understood why though he thinks that would be a release, but in all honesty, given the powers that be, I don't think death would work out for him. If vampires are after him, then what else would chase him? I needed to send him somewhere safe somewhere where he could be happy. Or I could keep him here I need to ask and let him make his choice this time let him be the man he chooses to be. If I could, I would rip fate to shreds to free my children from theirs, but some paths are set. No matter what happens, they cannot be altered.

I had made me my way into my extravagant home of mine. Carter had never seen anything like it. I entered my house and hid straight in my bathroom in the master room; it was about time he woke up. Before I left I sent Carter to a bedroom on the bottom floor, Carter was taking it all in the marble floors that were so clean it reflected his dirty uniform to the massive gold and silver chandeliers it was two; one to the entrance and one in the living room. I would show him around but not until he cleaned himself up. I had enjoyed the look of awe on his face; it let me know this would be a good home for him. The steps had been made to make sure no one falls, they're shaped almost like a heart and connect at each end. It had been something that was put together beautifully. It was made so that the chandelier would be in the center. The hanging glass had been shaped in circles to give the main room some decor with wallpaper flowers an illusion of being alive.

The walls had white wallpaper with flowers of many on them from lavender tulips to red roses on their originally white surface. I had a black carpet on the upper level. It kept the floor warm in harsh winters; it also added an air of mystery to the upstairs. The six rooms were scattered. I had no idea what my children did to them; I knew the guest room was to remain a guest bedroom. I made my way down the hall toward my room; there were four casement windows all stained and made reflections on the carpet. I walked past a portrait made of me in the 1700s, in New England. I wondered how I managed to wear such attire. The portrait had been made by a painter I met on the road. I rewarded him with a rather large amount of gold. The lights in my home were made to last a long time though my children seem to enjoy the discovery of electricity and its benefits to giving light in the dark. I walked past my daughter's room she always enjoyed being under me even as a vampire she was still independent just a momma's girl. The flesh had separated finally from my stomach, and it was time to take it off, it felt slimy, and the tissue itself developed an odor. The smell of sweat, blood, and decay had consumed my nose, but I was already in my room.