The Beginning of War

~~~Hans

We had been fighting each other for hours, it felt like he kept coming at me. He wasn't losing to me. He was still attacking me. I felt each punch landing, who had been teaching him everything? I could feel each punch breaking through my defenses, this formidable man was still here, this formidable man was still fighting me.

His mind was unbroken, everything he had lost and he was still pushing through. Is this man truly worthy of being called my nemesis? It's then that we both punch each other at the same time, sending each other flying away. He got up and looked at me with his cold eyes as he said, 'That can't be the best you have,' I then felt my anger flow as I started attacking him again, but this time, I saw my son.

I grab my son and bite into his neck. What have I done? I think to myself. It's then that I feel Apollos punching into me, punching my face so many times. As I take a chunk out of his neck, he starts regenerating and he then says, 'This can't be the man that killed my man. Was I so much of a coward that I couldn't fight you before?' My anger rises as I attack him, he dodges to the left and he starts punching me in the face, each punch laying deeper and deeper into me.

It's then that he gets off of me and he says, 'I guess the game of Monopoly is over. I'll see you on the battlefield, Hans,' He then starts to walk away from me as he says, 'I'm ready to go,' He begins to fade from my mind and I couldn't help but feel a wave of overwhelming anger. I start punching the ground hard in my mind, each punch cracking the very foundation of my mind. I then look at the memories of all the people that were standing around us during the whole ordeal.

It's then that the unthinkable happens. They're all looking at me, their eyes were different this time though. Their eyes aren't living, their eyes are cold and dead. As they all get close to me, I can see the emptiness in their eyes. They all say in one voice, 'Hans, why did you kill me?' I hear all of their voices: O'Brian's, Jennifer's, Genevieve's, even his wife's. For a second there, I wondered what I'd done before I left.

There's nothing here but dead men and ghosts. It's then that I see Genevieve's face as I'm leaving. Her eyes were sad and then a crooked smile came across it, a crooked elongated, and disturbing smile. Her skin begins to turn pitch-black as she says in Genevieve's voice, 'Hans, I thought you loved me. Why did you kill me and your son?'

I open my eyes from the dream, I look at the time, realizing only mere minutes have passed. He made it feel like hours or maybe it was someone stronger than him. How many telepaths could do that? How many telepaths were that powerful? How many telepaths could maintain this? The answer was not many. I rub my nose and realize all of the phantom pains have gone away, he knows exactly where I'm at and it's time for me to implement my plan. It's time for me to implement full war, he's close and I know it. The only place he could be is those vampire barracks.

It's then that I hear a chuckle in my ear. Time begins to pause. 'Hello Hans,' I hear her voice and I see her presence. "What do you want?" I say to her. 'Well he's not dead, now is he?' "I'm still immortal, it hasn't been 10 years,' I said to her. She smiles as she says, 'Still immortal? Oh, you poor fool,' It's then that she closes in and she impales me with her hand. She pulls my heart out as she says, 'Hans, you're going to die soon. You failed at everything and to be honest with you, you're not entertaining anymore,' "You bitch," I say to her as I smack her.

She looks at me and has a twisted smile on her face. 'You'll be screaming for me to stop when I'm finished with you, Hans. That twisted smile penetrated my thoughts. 'I just wanted you to see something that you blocked out. Remember, after you fed on your wife and child, remember how you kept their bodies around. Remember how you wanted your family to come back from the dead after you drained them dry?' "Please don't remind me," I say to her, almost begging. "I just wanted my family back," 'So did I,' I look down and I see O'Brian, 'You told me that you'd be my dad. You told me that you would be there for me yet you discarded me.'