Mercy

~~~Lilith

I've been sitting on the log for the longest time. The men on the lances weren't struggling either they died or were suffering in silence. I wanted to show them mercy and free them from the pain I put them in. I couldn't; I needed them to hear the truth. As macabre as the scene was, it was no doubt, the best place to speak the truth.

'She's awake, my queen.' I looked at the time it was 5 a.m.. the sun would be up in an hour. The situation has to be dealt with quickly. "Grab the children and grab Holden." The others nodded and grabbed them. We had talked for a bit, but their disdain for me was apparent. Holden refuses to tell them the truth despite their asking. There was nothing more I could do.

"It's best you hear the truth from her." All of my men formed a circle. The men on the lances had breathed their dying breath. There was nothing else here, nothing else but the truth. The dead, the undead, and the living would be the witnesses. 'Is this a formal execution, my queen.' She looked around and realized she had finally lost. "No, " I said frankly. "This is a chance---- to tell the truth." Her eyes had widened; her three "children" were in view. "Tell them the truth." I could see it on her face. She was searching for whatever lie she could sell them. "Tell them the truth they deserve that much." I could see it in her eyes. She did not take any responsibility. She believes herself to be above these children.

'You all were only a means to an end.' The boy's eyes widened, and the girl was visibly distraught. She continued. 'Your father had money and power. So I used him until he outlived his purpose.' The truth had all begun to add up to them. 'I killed him.' It was then that I heard Rowan yell: 'No, no, no, it's a lie.' I could feel the pain in his voice. 'The mother who taught me how to drive is a lie?' I could hear it in his voice. He loves her so much. 'The woman who cooked pancakes every Sunday morning was a lie?' She said it was so sorrowful. The girl had collapsed on her knees. 'You all were faithful, pawns.'

Before anyone could react, it happened. Rowan had armed himself with a gun. He had it aimed at her. He was trembling; he had never fired a gun before. 'Do you really have the balls, boy?' He then turned the gun on himself. I sped up to stop him, but it was too late. *Bang.* I made it just in time for the blood to spray all over my face. His body slumped right on top of his sister. 'Did I mention that my children could never harm me?' His brain matter had been all over me. His sister was sobbing in her deceased brother's chest. I remember how narrowly saving my son and how I was just slow enough not to save this girl's brother.

I don't know what came over me. I grabbed my sword, and I cut Holden free. They wanted a fair fight. I will give it to them. "If anyone interferes, there will be severe consequences." I turned to Holden and told him: "Free your master." He sped over there to free her. Without any words, I sliced my right arm off. They were incorrigible, liars, fools, and greedy. These two traitors deserve a fair fight, though. Or maybe I just wanted to kill them personally. Perhaps I just want the satisfaction of knowing I killed them.

I used the electricity to close the wound. The pain was almost unbearable, yet it was so familiar. I collapsed to my knee; I had not taken my eyes off of them. My teeth grind together; I cut it above my elbow.

~~~Lilith

I tossed the blade toward the two of them. I wouldn't need it.
"Are you two ready The sun's coming up." It was already 5:20, and the sun would be coming up soon. We only had minutes, but the fight could be over in minutes. They then lunged at me. Rosalie had the blade, of course. The smart thing to do was to give it to Holden since he was the most skilled with weapons.

She swiped for my neck first. I dodged. She was smart to go for all vitals but just left her open. An opening I could not punish. Holden unleashed hundreds of punches into my chest. I lost my balance, and I was about to make contact with the ground. I used my chart nerve as a balancer. I then did a back-spinning kick. I created space for them and me. My reach was much smaller than both of theirs. I was only five foot two in stature. We were moving faster than the human eye could see.