twenty five

25| i like ya cut g

taehyung slowly opened his eyes, the shine of the morning that peeked out through the blinds shone directly onto his face which already reassured him, this is going to be a great day.

he smiled lightly and stretched his arms, shifting to turn to the side, still in the warmth of the thick comforters that were hugging his small frame.

yesterday, him, jackson and jinyoung finally arrived in daegu without any other problems, though when they arrived it was already late and taehyung went to sleep almost immediately.

a soft sigh left his lips, as he brushed his hair from his forehead and giggled lightly.

was all of this really happening to him?

it's the first time he realizes how ridiculous all of this is. he wants to laugh at that.

from desperately trying to escape his reality, he got kidnapped by a mafia leader, ending up in his cruel world. taehyung remembers hating jeongguk like it was just yesterday— he can't get himself to dislike him just one bit, because... he caught feelings and they were making it unable for him to find anything on jeongguk bad.

taehyung closed his eyes. yup, feelings were definitely involved, but— is it the same for jeongguk? the male had certainly said that taehyung makes him feel like no one else ever did, but that could mean anything. or nothing.

okay, maybe taehyung is just scared to believe that jeongguk has feelings for him, because it would be painful if he doesn't. rather than getting his heart broken, he waist for the moment he is sure of everything.

the blond slowly reached out to the the drawer next to the bed and took his phone, smiling softly at the messages his friends had sent him. until he finally clicked on jeongguk's message.

call me when you're up

his heart sped up almost instantly and he doesn't know if he should expect something positive or negative, if he should be scared or happy that jeongguk wants to talk to him.

"hey princess!"
surprise was written in taehyung's eyes, jeongguk sounded happy, kind of energetic and taehyung never heard him like that.

"hey, what's gotten you so happy this early in the morning?" taehyung chuckled.

jeongguk chewed on his lip. "did you sleep good?"

"yes?"

"good, we know where choi's 'hideout' was, we're planning on attacking."

taehyung quickly sat up. "what?!"

"hey, calm down, don't worry—

"no, wait, that's dangerous jeon, the goodbyes i bid before i left were not temporarily—

"baby, shhh."
taehyung shut up instantly, it was like the word were knocked out of his throat, as if he lost his voice.

'baby', he thought. jeongguk called him that once already, but now it was too much for his heart to handle and it started pounding against his chest.

"please don't worry, we've done this for more than 10 years now, this is how we grew up, princess. we always live on the edge of death, but that's the life we've chosen... don't worry, we'll be fine—

taehyung knows, they're in a mafia, they live in danger everyday, but, nonetheless he's scared to lose someone, to lose the people who meant so much to him, who are his family.
"please.." taehyung began, he didn't know what he was going to say, it wasn't him that wanted to speak, but his heart that wanted to make sure jeongguk will be safe.