thirty seven

37| who are you?

there was still a light fever plaguing the mafia leader, but he felt better in general— so much better that he was able to sit in his office again and take care of paper work. he hadn't seen taehyung the whole day, which kind of worried him, since usually taehyung would check up on him when he knows he's sick.

this all just strengthened the uncomfortable feeling deep in the pit of his stomach, that kept telling him that taehyung was hiding something from him.

he frowned, setting himself the goal to finish five more papers, before going to his boyfriend, who most probably is hanging around in the kitchen while watching yoongi and seokjin cook.

but his plan crumbled together when jimin entered his office, worriedly asking if taehyung was with jeongguk. the mafia leader sat up. "he still isn't back?"

jimin widened his eyes. "what? i thought he'd be with you?!"

"what's the time?" jeongguk asked, heart growing with worry.

"6pm— i haven't seen him the whole day—

"me neither. he had left in the morning, i even called him— i thought he would already be back?"

"i thought the same.."

"call namjoon. he needs to track taehyung's phone, fuck!" jeongguk ordered, as he stormed out of the room, jimin following behind.

"where are you going?!" the smaller male asked, trying to hold onto jeongguk's speed. "my car, tell namjoon to track his location and to send it to me instantly. don't tell the others—

"but, they should know—

"it's okay!" jeongguk hissed, they had already reached the entrance hall. "chim, go!... please."

it was unfamiliar to jimin to see jeongguk so carrying towards anyone. he arrived at bts by the time jaehee already had left this world, leaving jeongguk with his anger issues and cold behavior. jeongguk really loves taehyung and it's obvious in the way he looked at jimin, pleadingly asking him to do what told.

jimin nodded and turned around, running back upstairs to namjoon, while jeongguk speeded off with his car.

he decided to drive towards the park first, since that was the last location he knew taehyung was. slowly, the headache creeped back, his forehead pounded with pain, his mind was filled with worry, as he clutched his phone in his hand, dialing taehyung's number over and over again. but no one picked up.

almost arriving at the park, he had to turn around again, as namjoon sent him taehyung's location. he took a sharp breath.

he knows that address. he saw it when he needed informations about taehyung in the beginning. it's his family home— was his family home.

speeding off through the dark, as it was winter and already past 6pm, jeongguk tried to hold himself back from thinking about reasons why taehyung could be there. of course, the first thing coming to his mind was him getting kidnapped by his family.

however, there was a low chance of taehyung running away from bts to go back to his family. i mean, taehyung obviously cried last night and suddenly left in the morning, leaving only a letter back for his lover.

shaking his head, jeongguk quickly discarded that thought. taehyung loves him and wouldn't leave him. never. he knows it.

so obviously, taehyung getting kidnapped by his family or his ex-fiancé was what he assumed.