fifteen

15| high hopes

taehyung huffs annoyed as he walks down the long corridor, aiming for any room that can clear his mind. he would preferably choose the one with the piano, but he better not does so, knowing that room means a lot to jeongguk. he invented in there once, doesn't happen twice.

and his thoughts are a chaos. a literal one.

he doesn't know where one thought ends and the other begins. he doesn't even know where he was walking to, his feet kept carrying him from their own, while his eyes studied the floor.

he was annoyed because of something seokjin and jimin had told him.
they said jeongguk cared for me?

"pff as if." taehyung mumbled to himself. yeah, pff as if. why would jeongguk, the so great and ruthless mafia leader care for the fragile and soft taehyung?

"he fucking hugged you!" jimin had squealed.

taehyung rolled his eyes again.
"means nothing."

"he wasn't angry when you entered jaehee's practice room." jin had said.

"maybe he was just surprised that i can play the piano." taehyung mumbles to himself, walking forward, gaze down.

"he calls you princess."

"yeah, i was wearing a fucking bride dress on our first encounter and now he mocks me." he spat, knowing no one can hear him.

"he literally told you to take care."

taehyung stopped remembering these words from seokjin.

he doesn't know why, but remembering jeongguk indeed said this, makes him feel warm inside. and then again, he hates it. he knows what is going on inside of him, what all these feelings and thoughts are about whenever he sees jeongguk. he knows it, but he doesn't want to acknowledge it.

he can't acknowledge it.

jeongguk means danger— the dark haired male had demonstrated it to taehyung clearly for him to understand.

but taehyung likes playing with fire— but he knows it's wrong. so he wants to keep the fire away, scared that it'll brighten inside of him and burn him down completely.

taehyung shook his head and again he realizes what his thoughts were doing to him and how his tummy filled with one of this annoying feelings.

he groaned in frustration, hating that jeongguk seems to live in his mind now.
"he should pay me fucking rent."

the blond stops walking when he reaches some stairs, that go downwards. curious in what he can find downstairs, he looks around. when he spotted no one, he shrugs and started trotting downstairs, back to being lost in his own thoughts.

it were more stair steps than expected and taehyung was contemplating wether he should just go back upstairs, since he doesn't know where this steps are leading. "probably the basement?" he asked himself.

yeah the basement would make sense if these stairs go all this way down.

he shuddered a little, remembering how jeongguk had pushed him into one of these empty rooms on his first day here. taehyung scoffed. "see, he's just bad. he hurt you, so stop thinking about him." he kept reminding himself, yet all in vain.

taehyung's small feet continued to walk him down, it's by now making fun walking down the stairs, so he speeds up, sometimes skipping steps, giggling to himself.

he stops when he reaches a huge metallic door. "there's no way i'll go all this stairs up again." he said, thinking the door might be locked. surprisingly— it wasn't.