thirty eight

38| dumb

"tell me why you actually left this morning."

taehyung gulped and looked to his and jeongguk's intertwined hands, as a heavy feeling settled down in the pit of his stomach.

it was the perfect moment to let out what his heart had been keeping in during their whole relationship— jeongguk's ex-lover, jaehee.

he could let go of the pressure that lies on his shoulders when thinking about her, he could talk to jeongguk about it and tell him. but he was scared to disappoint the blond, scared that he'll get angry at him. as far as taehyung knows, jaehee is a sensitive topic for the older male. so sensitive, jeongguk tend to loose his mind and burst out in anger.

taehyung was scared.

all that kept bugging him was the fear of not being the one jeongguk really loves, but only being a replacement, the second option. he was scared, because he loves jeongguk just too much and thinking about him loving someone else more, hurts.

sudden tears formed in the black haired eyes and jeongguk noticed that, turning the steering wheel and driving off to the side of the highway, stopping there.

"what's wrong, princess?"

taehyung looked up to him, eyes getting lost into jeongguk's black orbs that were glistening with a slight worry, suffocating the younger male even more.

"jeon..." he looked back to their hands, jeongguk's tattooed, bigger hand spooning taehyung's smaller perfectly. the words were forming on his tongue and before he even processed what his thoughts were on about, his lips were faster, "do you love me... the most?"

taehyung felt childish and stupid for asking such a question, for appearing like a teenager in fifth grade being jealous of someone's ex-girlfriend.

but the ravenette wanted to let it out now, he tries to not bring jaehee into it, he'll try to get convinced that he was the only one jeongguk loved.

jeongguk stared at the smaller male for a few seconds, confusion written in his face by the unexpected question. he turned his gaze forward again, before letting go of the steering wheel with a deep sigh. next thing he did, was unbuckle his seatbelt and then reaching over to do the same with taehyung's, before he sat back down, adjusting in the seat a little better
and then he patted his thigh, looking straight into taehyung's eyes.

the smaller male gulped, "y-you don't want me to sit on your lap—

with an eyeroll, jeongguk reached forward again, this time lifting taehyung up, sitting him on his lap, hands resting on his hips.

taehyung tried to avoid jeongguk's gaze by turning away, but jeongguk took taehyung's chin in his hand, softly turning his face to him.

"why are you crying?" he asked softly, taehyung feeling like a lost puppy. "i-i am scared you love someone else more."

jeongguk was confused, he couldn't understand why taehyung was acting like this, saying things like that. he sighed softly and pulled taehyung's head against the left side of his chest.

taehyung let out a surprised sound, but jeongguk shushed him with a small 'shh'.

"do you hear it?" the blond asked and taehyung tried to understand what he was meaning, furrowed eyebrows loosening when he heard the other's heartbeat.

thump

thump

thump

taehyung had no other option but to close his eyes, as the sound of jeongguk's heart thumping inside of him was causing his tears to stop and him to relax.