thirty nine

39| crush

"are you sure?" taehyung asked softly. he was still feeling like the most dumbest person alive, but he pushed it aside, seeing his lover's conflicted face.

the older nodded lightly, a sigh emitting his lips as he closed his eyes for a second, trying to form the words, while taehyung looked at him with concern. "jaehee... she was mine and jin's little sister, only three years younger than me. she never wanted to belong to this mafia things, she lived with us, but went to public school, studied, had friends— you know? a normal life."

he began and taehyung felt even worse for all what he thought about jaehee. "we all loved her, yoongi, namjoon, she was like a younger sister for them too. on some day... she asked us wether she can bring a boy over for a school project, we hesitated, because we didn't know him. he was just a classmate of hers and that project was important, so we let him enter, but only stay in the living room. usually we'd never let anyone in so easily, so i kept an eye on him. after a time i noticed the way he kept looking around suspiciously."

taehyung listened to jeongguk with everything he had, he could hear every sound of anger, of sadness and of loss in jeongguk's voice. he slowly wrapped his arms around him and nuzzled his head in jeongguk's neck. jeongguk's arms also went tighter around taehyung, pulling him closer.

he continued. "once jaehee left the room to get something, he started searching around, he kept searching through the cupboards, drawers  and then i couldn't stop myself from getting my gun and pointing it at him."

taehyung started drawing  pattern with his finger on jeongguk's shoulder, the action relaxing the older male.

"i asked him who sent him and the next thing he did was pointing his gun towards me too," taehyung shuddered. "i wasn't scared, he seemed inexperienced with the gun, he was 18 years old if he was in the same age as jaehee."

"he knew who i was, who we are and he only used jaehee to get informations for his father, who was our enemy... so i didn't hesitate any longer and pulled the trigger."

taehyung felt how jeongguk nuzzled his face in his hair, and even though jeongguk's voice was tight and strong, there were tears forming in his eyes by the memories that got recalled.

"jaehee was in love with that boy, he had been her crush for a few years" taehyung tensed again, "and in the moment i was about to shoot, she entered the room... and saved him, catching the bullet instead of him."

taehyung felt tears prickle in his eyes, the imagination of how much jeongguk must have suffered, how bad he must felt... it stabs his heart.

"i... killed her." taehyung quickly cut of from the hug and looked into jeongguk's face, the older's eyes were pressed shut tightly.

he cupped his face. "look at me." taehyung demanded softly and jeongguk opened his eyes, them locking with taehyung's. "she died because she saved the person she loved, you couldn't stop it, you couldn't do anything—

"i know! i just... after that... i.. i lost everything, jaehee was the only person who kept me sane, who made me smile... then she was gone and.." jeongguk's voice became quieter with the words and taehyung tightly held him. "you didn't kill her, bun, you should be proud of her, she was so strong..."

taehyung mumbled incoherent words to calm the older down, jeongguk's erratic breath making taehyung want to cry. usually the mafia leader was always so calm, so relaxed— taehyung can't see him in pain like this.

but now, he just wanted to be the shoulder jeongguk can cry on. he wants to be there for him, to take care of him, to love him.

his heart felt like shattering into millions of pieces, when he heard a quiet sob leave the older male, even more when jeongguk hugged taehyung back tighter. jeongguk was crying and taehyung was on the edge of doing the same, as he felt the love of his life crying into his hair.