fourteen

14| hug

the loud pang of the gun echoed through the whole room, resonating even through the halls, but no one was there to hear it. except for jeongguk and taehyung and the probably dead male behind the smaller boy.

as the loud sound reached taehyung's ears, a small shriek left his lips, he closed his eyes, cupped his ears with his hands. he felt the weight on him from the disgusting male was gone, his hold loose, the knife fallen to the ground.

when jeongguk was sure that choi was dead, he put the gun back into his belt, before walking towards taehyung. "princess." he called out, frowning when the trembling male didn't move. while rolling his eyes, he reached his hand out towards the male, but the moment taehyung felt a slight touch on his arm, he flinched away.

"d-don't touch me!" he said, hiding his face.

jeongguk raised an eyebrow. "c'mon we need to go." the mafia leader took a hold of the blond's wrist, who immediately pulled away again, a small whimper leaving his pink lips.

"y-you'll h-hurt me. e-everyone hurts me." the male spoke, leaving jeongguk to frown. "c'mon princess, we need to leave before anyone sees us." jeongguk said, a sharp undertone evident, making taehyung flinch once more.

"g-go! y-you will hurt me!" jeongguk raised an eyebrow and poked his cheek with his tongue.

"i won't hurt you"
"l-leave me."

with a deep sigh, the ravenette crouched down, doing the exact opposite thing of leaving taehyung. he placed his hands on the smaller's cheeks, forcing him to face him. taehyung tried to move away, shaking more, but jeongguk held him on place.

"hey, hey calm down, look at me." he whispered, but taehyung still hectically tried to wriggle out of his hold, whimpers leaving his lips, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"taehyung, please, it's me jeongguk." taehyung hears the words, yet in front of him was still the disgusting man— choi minho. not jeongguk, not anyone else.

the ravenette was persistent though and slowly wiped some tears that were rolling down the blond's cheeks away.

that was when taehyung felt it— the difference. choi had wiped his tears too, his hands were rough and felt disgusting on his skin. the ones who just wiped his tears away were soft, the touch barely there, but taehyung could feel it lingering on his warm skin.

his breathing evened a little, his chest heaving up and down slower. "do you recognize me?" jeongguk asked quietly and taehyung finally opened his eyes and stared into jeongguk's. it were barely ten seconds, but it felt like an eternity that their eyes were locked.

jeongguk searched for something in the blond's eyes that assured him; yes he recognizes him, but the next thing happened too unexpected for jeongguk to follow, taking him off guard for
a moment.

because taehyung was hugging him.

"j-jeon." taehyung cried quietly into jeongguk's neck and the older was still looking bewilderedly at nothing in particular.

he didn't know what to do, it's been ages since someone hugged him and if they did, they wouldn't be here anymore. what is so different about taehyung?

why doesn't he want to push the blond away, like he did to everyone else. in fact he enjoyed taehyung's touch and also liked that his body was so close to his. jeongguk likes taehyung's presence. he likes feeling the male and having him near.

so he hugged him back. "it's okay, princess, you're fine." he whispered quietly, his breathing hitching when taehyung tightened his hold.

"put your coat on, we need to leave? i bring you back to yoongi." jeongguk said and taehyung nodded, slowly letting go of jeongguk and the blond almost whimpered because he didn't want to let go.