17. My hero

He turned his face away from me and started the car.

"See you in school Lou" he drove off without glancing me a second look...

Just like that... huh?

Still flabbergasted from what just happend, i stand at the spot where Adam let me out.

Ring Ring Ring

"Yes?"

"Where are you?!" i hear Rajan's voice whispersering in my ear.

"I'm just a couple of meters away. Open the door for me."

Infront of Loujayn's apartement door.

Fuck. What do i do...What do i do? What the fuck do i do now? I walked back and forth in front of my apartement door.

"Eh Baba i stayed at my friend."

Without his permission?
No Lou he won't buy that.

"Eh Baba i had to stay longer in school."

Nobody stays this long at school Lou
And if...he will think you misbehaved that's why you stayed longer.

Well shit what do i say than?

"Baba i was attacked..?"

Yeah right so you want an innocent person to die?

As i was planning my arguments i was tapped on my shoulder.

Anwar. He stands with his leather jacked in front of me. His hair was, as always, slicked back. the light oh my apartement nummer reflected on his green eyes. He tilted his head and looks at me with a gaze that seamed like to study my facial expression.
What is he doing here?

Well Lou you better come up with an excuse cause.... Anwar WILL be a problem.

I looked at him like a deer caught in headlight.
"Eh..Ehm I-i... I w-was..." i stutter

"Just play along." He grabed my arm and before i know it we arrive at the entrance of my living room.

Conversations are now in arabic.

"Lulu where have you been?! Do you know what time it is? EXPLAIN NOW! before i- " my father was in rage, but he was interrupted by Anwar.

My heart was beating so fast i swear.

"Ah amme (my uncle), Lou was helping me with the garden. I asked her to help me in advance, so we won't have too much work on saturday. Semahni (i'm sorry) we should have told you, but i thought since i already talked to ammto Marwa (aunt)-"

Anwar had such an innocent and apologetic look on his face...

"Right Lulu?" he turned to me

"Huh? eh i mean yes..." i smiled at my father also trying to have an as innocent look as Anwar.

Why did he helped me?

"Tayib (Okay), its all good now. But next time talk to me." my father sighed.

"Lulu go to your room. Habibi come sit here." he waved to Anwar signaling him, to take the seat next to him.

"Let's talk a little bit. How's your father doing."

Conversations are now in german.

I walked as fast as i could to my room without looking too suspicious.

"Where were you Lulu. And don't tell me yOu WeRe WiTh AnWar." Rayyan rolled her eyes.

She knew i would NEVER.

"Just go away and and let me be. I'll explain later." i slammed the pillow on my face.

"Ha! go where exactly? This is my room too. Did you forget? Oh an the room of Samia too." she said mockingly.

Yeah i know. But it was nice pretending i wouldn't share one middle sized room with two other humans.

"Waddup bitches. NOW will someone explain to me why Anwar lied just a second ago?" Samia barged into OUR room.

Rajan looked at her in disbelieve and i massaged my temples annoyed.

Welcome to my live.

One hour later.

Anwar
Just left. Why were you out so late?

Lulu
Good. Bye.

What was he doing here? Why was he at my home?

Lulu
Wait what did you talk about with my father? And what were YOU doing here?

Anwar
Manly tingzzz. None of your concern. I wanted to borrow some tools for the garden. Happed to be also saving your ungrateful ass.

Oh thank you so much Anwar. You're my hero

Lulu
Stop

Anwar
You saved me from the wrath of my father.

Lulu
I said STOP

Anwar
I owe you SO much

Lulu
FINE. thank you. Now stop will you?

Anwar
No problem. You can make it up to me on saturday ;)
READ

Right saturday.

What will i do when i get there. How will i react if the girls will draw the attention to me? I'm so nervous. What should i talk about? What should i wear? I don't want to look fat. I don't want them to laugh at me.

I layed again sleepless in my bed.

Let's survive school tomorrow Lou. Don't forget your project. You didn't decide yet.

Ugh this project. Adam. I don't want to.

-------------------🌙-------------------