12. Bonding time

Here we go after what felt like 5 minutes of sleep. NiCe!
Staying positive...Check!

6pm.

The men gathered all in th living room. The women were all in the dining room.

If you would ask the women why they' re sitting seperate, they would give you the reason of modesty. But to be honest, it was just an excuse to be comfortable while smoking and complaining about the men and their childish behavior.
It would not be possible anyway. There was barley enough space for the men. Half of them were sitting on the ground with coushions.

While the women and men came our home, i was standing at the entrace of the dining room to greet them as the host of the home.

I wore my pretty satin rosé dress that would end beneath my knees. With my white tights. and my hair in a tight ponytail, leaving my curly hair natrual.

Conversations are now in arabic.

"Salam binti (my daughter) look at you how beautiful you have gotten. " my grandmother (fathers side) said, while pinching my cheek.

(When you're significantly older you could say that in a motherly way to someone as a sign of affection.)

I hugged her and before i could say something back to her my aunt (fathers side) came in the frame.

"You better hide her Marwa before she slips out of your hands. Or i might kidnap her for my son" she said jokingly while turning to my mother.

Or you better hide your face before my hand slips. And i oop.

My mother smiled back and greeted the remaining guest and told the to sit in the dining room.

As i was about to go to my room, since my room was the place for the "teenage girls" someone consumed me in a hug.

"Ya habibi (oh my beloved) how long has it been. " the women looked like she was in her 40s said while having a thight grip on me.

Who is she?

"Ahh i remember how i would change your diapers. It feels like it was yesterday." she exclaimed happily. Now she was holding her expensive purse in her hand. Taking her faux purr scarf to the side. She smiled at me.

Think Lou THINK!

"Hahaha Ah Salam how are you aunty" i said nervously.

Nice Lou!

(In culture you said to anyone who is significantly older than you aunty, so it was a save bet for lou to call her that.)

"Ah! I'm really stressed these days but i bet YOU can't keep the men away from you! I mean look at you! Yes you could loose some weight but that's nothing that can't be fixed one way or another." she said it as if it was nothing.

I realised her face was swollen most of all her lips. They looked like they would pop any minute now.

She was surely more than one time under the knife.

I should probably lose weight huh?

"Thank you aunty..." i said fake smiling.

"You surely remember my daughter." she pulled a girl by her shoulder.

"Go and show her to your room." The woman said while pushing the girl lightly towards me.

She had her long silky hair in a braid that reached her butt. and light brown honey eyes. She was wearing a light blue blouse and white pant with big glasses. She was quite shy.