15. Schöneberg

I follow him to the car and see Vanessa already leaning against it chewing gum.

Well this will be fun! NOT.

He had a mercedes. His car was so high in quality. The seats were out of leather and the headboard was partly out of wood with big touchscreen in the middle. He even had heated seats! Dang.

We all sit in the car with Vanessa in the back and David driving. David insisted to let me sit in the passenger seat.

An awkward silence filled the car.

"So..." David tried to break the ice.

Neither me or Vanessa answered.

"You ready for the BeDeS experience Curly?" David again spoke up a little unsure.

"Oh i'm sure she is." Vanessa rolled her eyes, taking the focus off of me.

"Speaking of.... Do you already have a date for the spring ball?" she looked hopefull to David.

Well, somone is desperate.

"What? The ball? I don't know yet" he looked for a milli second to me and back to the street again.

"We just started the new year of school. The ball is a couple of months away. I'm sure i have time to think about that a little more."

"The ball?" i say quietly.

"Yes the anual spring ball. The biggest event of the school year. It's tradition that the head of the school committee asks one of the painters club out. So i was curious whos David going to choose... " she rolled one of her blond locks around her fingers, looking as innnocent as possible.

So Anne was right...David is the head of the committee... I see.
That means i have to get along with him, get into his circle to be sucessful and popular.

"Ok here we are Nessa. See you tomorrow."

"What? Why did you drop me off first? You should have dumped that newby by your side first." she scoffed at me and went out the car. David continued to drive.

"Sorry about that. She's my ex. I dated her the first year at BeDeS. But she never got over me and hangs everywhere i go." he is giving me a weak smile.

Why are you driving her then, if she is so clingy?

But that's none of my buisness.

"It's ok." i flatly say.

"So where do you live?" he asks me while opening the gps app.

Shit Lou mayday mayday.
You cant tell him where you live.
Firstly because of your crazy family that might possibly murder him.
But secondly...What will he think of me when he sees i live in one of the most ghetto parts of Berlin Neuköln???
You can say bye bye to the inner circle.

"Schöneberg" i said with a address i knew exists.

Nice Lou Schöneberg is one on the little more fancy reagions of Berlin.

The car ride was short but quite, since i didn't know what to say.

"Alright here we are." he stops in front of a big white house. Fancy.

"Thank you so much." i smile at him and get out the car.

"No problem. See you tomorrow. This will happen more often i think." also smiling at me.

I would definitely have to solve this problem, couse i ain't gonna let him drive me anymore. But one problem at a time.

So here i was standing alone infront of a foreign hous at 7.30pm on a thursday. It was dark. Fuck.

Ok think Lou. Go with the U-bahn thats the best solution.
But i don't know the right way, and i can't use my phone. I have no data.

I knew what to do. I took my phone out.

Calling Hannah...

No answer

Calling Hannah...

No answer

Calling Hannah...

No answer.

Shit what is she doing?! Ok chill Lou try Anne.

Calling Anne...

The number your calling is not available. Please try again later.

Calling Anne...

The number your calling is not available. Please try again later.

Calling Anne...

The number your calling is not available. Plea-

I hang up befor the voicemail could finish.

Fuck. Fuck you, you fucking excuse of friends.

Woah, Woah hold on Lou. Its not their fault you lied.

Shit i know....

You have to know, Loujayn was not familiar with the underground train system of Berlin. That is, as you may thought already, very unusual for her 17 years. But Loujayn always depended either on her familiy to drive her, or her friends to guide her. Her parents wouldn't let her go alone anywhere anyways. Thats due to the disease she bears. So what is Loujayn going to do when neither of those options are available? Go ahead and continue listening...

Still standing in front of that house i saw a dark figure standing across the street. What i assume is a man, that is wearing black clothing. Because of his hat i can't identify his face.

I feel goosebumps building up on my skin.

He slowly is walking up towards me.

RUN LOU RUN

I began walking slowly away from him. Building up my speed i ran way from him to the next street. The street is empty. This part of Berlin isn't the buisiest.

Shit Lou Schöneberg? Seriously? you couldn't think of something more busy? Stupid choice!

Well someone has bipolar tendencies.

I went through my contacts looking for Someone i could call.

Omar? No i can't he would ask to many questions.

Rajan? Samia? No they wouldn't know any better either.

Anwar? Fuck No!

So basically i can't call anyone from the family. On top of that my friends arent available.

I began scrolling out of despair, as my eyes land on a name...

Dead body beanie.
Adam.

Well it can't get worse can it?

Calling Dead body beanie....

"Hello?"

-------------------🌙-------------------