2. Maps

And to my delight, she already looked pissed...

"WHERE THE F*CK HAVE YOU BEEN?" she shoved her phone into my face, showing me its already 08:03.

"Ok look i can explain..."
"I dont want to hear your excuses! We need to call Anne to tell her we will be late and that she should get going without us...obviously 'couse we won't make it in time"

She than proceeds to call Anne...
"Hey... Yes we are on our way, but Lou was late ...like she always is..." She rolls her eyes at me.

Loujayn met Hannah alongside Anne in highschool. They were bestfriends sice then. You could say they were inseparable. Let us see what the possibly near future beholds..Shall we?

"So it will be best if at least you are- Oh wait what? Really?? Hahaha ok i will tell her see you in 10 minutes!"
She hangs up on and breaks out with laugh while holding her stomache.

"Soo...turns out Anne was expecting you to come late, so she told us to be 20 min early in advance...soo basically we are perfectly on time!" she wipes her imaginary tear off her eye.

I wanted to answer her with a pissed off comeback, but it was quickly overpowered by the feeling of relief.

"Hey! i already said i am sorry okay? this face needed time to look this good got it?"

She than put her hand on my shoulder hugging me, when she said
"At least we can count on your chaotic self Lou!"

In addition to the school pressure always lingering over her, Loujayn had to cook breakfast for her 5 younger siblings und had to prepare the youngest one for Kindergarten...thats why she is late. Still... she could have puked because of the guilt she felt for coming late.
But she cerntainly couldn't tell Hannah nor Anne that. They just know her as this chaotic but lovley girl they know since highschool, that is way to occupied with her looks.

"So i think we need to get on this bus.."
the bus arrived in front of the busstation.

While the bus was driving i had the urge to get my feelings out. I wanted to just hug Hannah and tell her thank you, i wanted to tell her how gratefull i was she was meeting with me because i was too nervous to drive alone on the first day... She didn't had to but she still did! She lived alone with her dad near the new school but she drove all the way to me so i would not be alone...

While station after station passed we still didn't arrive at our destination...

"Hey Hannah how many stations are we suppose to drive?"

"Maps says 6"

..........."Hannah...."

"What?"

"We already drove 7 stations..."

"No wayy but the name of the station we are suppose to get out didn't come up..."

Then we both realised at the same time and shouted together...

"WE ARE ON THE BUS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!!!!"

-------------------🌙-------------------