20. Overalls

Asiya
Are you going to the garden tomorrow?

Lulu
Yes. I don't have a choice. You?

Asiya
Wasn't going, but with you i might consider...

Lulu
Yes! Come. We can have each others back:)

Asiya
Nice👍 I'll be there!
READ

The next morning.

Ring Ring Ring

My alarm went off as the sunlight touched my face. The warmth on my face triggered me to wake up. I checked my phone.

2 messages.

"It's 9.20 am" it was simply too early for this garden thing.

Anwar
Rise and shine :)
Be ready. I'm picking you up at 9.30
Better get ready now.

I stumbled out of bed. And looked into my mirror.
"Ugh my hair is a mess!" i made the quickest messy bun i've done in my whole live.

My 'outfit' was pretty simple an old longsleave and a pair of sweatpants.

I mean i need to get to work don't i? So clothing that can get dirty should be the best!

As i was in the middle of dressing i hear my doorbell ring.
Anwar.

I ignored it and continued dressing.

The doorbell rang again.

Packing some money and stuff i could need in my bang, i hear it ringing again two times.
RING RING

I quickly went to the door to open it. I didn't want him to ring again, everyone in the house was sleeping.

"Shit...took you long enough." Anwar was standing in a pair of gummi overalls.

"Look who's dressed so nietly!" i laughed at him.

"I have to say you look also pretty fancy yourself." he said sarcastically.

We got in his car and drove to the garden. I notice how his pitchblack hair wasnt' slicked back as it always is. It looked kinda messy, but fluffy at the same time.

"Take a photo it will last longer." he said smirking not even looking at me.

I cringed at his commentation. How cliché can someone be?

"Stop quoting bollywood movies and drive." i said unimpressed.

We arrived at the garden, we were the first ones to get there.

"Everyone should be here in a couple of minutes." he stated.

I just nodded and opend the gate of the garden. It was a relatively big area. Part of the area was suppoed to be occupied with growing fruit and vegetables, but there was no food in the earth. Then there was a plastic table where the seating area was. The garden had a little house with a little livingroom without furniture, a kitchen and a second floor as the attic. It looked like it would definetely need a lot of work.

"Soo you can start in the kitchen." he tried to surpress a big laugh.

"Ha...Ha...Very funny.NOT." i rolled my eyes.

I instead got the sweets out of the car that i packed with me, as my mother requested.

My family had a oriental sweets shop, where you could buy mostly lebenese sweets. I worked there sometimes, to help out.

I put the baklava on the plastic table, as Anwar came and took one.

"Mhmmm i like your sweets." he again smirked and liked his fingers afterwards.