18. Headlights

Let's survive school tomorrow Lou. Don't forget your project. You didn't decide yet.

Ugh this project. Adam. I don't want to.

My day startet pretty good for a change. On fridays i have only 3 blocks, and after the second block we get an hour break. We get this hour every day, to spend it either on our freetime or we could choose to study farthermore.

Well you guessed it, most of the students choose the first.

To go to the garden and "chill area" i had to walk, to the opposite direction where the stairs were that led out of the school or to the library.

Going in that direction, to be percise going right, i arrived at a spiral staircase out of metal and railing out of wood. There was a big long plant with enormus leaves wrapped around it.

Is the the plant real? I mean it's december...

Only one way to find out Lou.

"Please don't rip the fake flower Miss." a random teacher shouted from the back nearly scarring me to death.

At the end of the spiral stairs a short tunnel out of stone was greeting me.
Yes. And at the end of the tunnel was light.

Following the light...

Lou you dead?
Oh shut up!

Following the light i firstly squintet my eyes shut because i was blended by the, what seemed to be, sun but it turned out to be the headlight that i assumed to belong to the theatre? What? Who put-?
Whatever.

Move along Lou.

The garden was as expected for the winter season blank and was lightly starting to be covered with snow.

A lot of students were standing together in groups talking, laughing and doing what they like. In that moment my eye caught Anne.

Anne. Why didn't she answer my calls that night?

I ran up to her.

"Hey Anne." i say but tried to lowkey hide my panting.

She was standing with a bunch of girls laughing.
"hahahaha" she turned to me
"Oh hai Lou." she seemed suprised.

"Hai? What do you mean hAi? Why didn't you answer my calls yesterday???" i tried to be as annoyed as possible without sounding to desperate.

"Hahahaha....eh excuse me for a minute." she looked at her, what i assumed to be, friends when she draged me to the side away from them.

"What? What are you talking about?" she whisper yelled.

"Yesterday? I tried to call you three times!"

"Yesterday? Oh...ahhh i changed my number." she realised that she didn't update me....

Ouch i'm hurt.

"Oh. Ok. Well have fun. Your little friends are waiting for you." i nod coldly my head to the girls standing behind her as i leave.

"Lou wait!" she grabbed my arm.

"I totally forgot to give it to you. I'll tell Hannah to send it to you ok?" she sounded apologetic.

I hear in the background somone scream.
"Tom! Why are the headlights of the theatre here? Didn't i tell you to put them where they belong?!"

"Yeah, whatever Anne." i again tried to leave when suddendly someone stood infont of me.

"There you are." David said.

"Oh hey David." i tried to sound as normal as i could.

I didn't want to show him how hurt i actually was. To be honest it wasn't easy.

"Oh heeeey David. You coming to the party on sunday???" Vanessa appeared and sticks herself on David's shoulder.

"Hmpf. Why is she here again? Not done with playing with her David? I mean look at that poor thing. What happend to her anyway?" she laughed really loud.

I tried to look to Anne for help, but she was ouccupied with her friends again ignoring me.

Fuck you Anne.

And fuck you Vanessa.

I tried to stomp my way to out of this embarrising situation.

David shaked Vanessa off of him.
"Wait curly where are you going?"

"Out of my way princesses. Headlight on the way." I see Tom carriying the headlight while flirting with a group of girls.

This is your chance Lou.

"Ah wait up Tom. Finally! I found you." i ran up to Tom and David followed me.

"Well i actually was suposed to help Tom with the headlight. So see you later." i smiled at David and grabbed the headlight.

"Oh you were?" Tom asked confused.

"YES. I. WAS." now i smiled more aggressively at Tom.

"Here let me help out."

Before i know it David also grabbed the headlight and we three were on our way to the theatre.

Where the fuck is that now?

-------------------🌙-------------------