24. Light and shadow

Today is the day. My first party.

I am currently at Hannah's house getting ready for the party. We were in her room choosing our outfits.

"How exactly did you convince your parents to let you go again?" she said while curling one of her hairstrands with the iron.

"I didn't. My cousin is covering for me." i said while drawing my eyeliner.

"Well, look at you taking risk-AH-" she burned herself with the curling iron.

She pouted at me, i rolled my eyes and completed the rest of her hair. Moving along i made her make up too.

"You should talk to her..." she said while i applied blush on her cheeks.

"Humpf. As if. You should have seen her. She acted like we were strangers."

"I'm sure it's just a missunderstanding. I bet she is sorry."

"Yes... She definitely is." Anne walked into the room looking really sorry.

I did not look at her while she didn't break eye contact.

"Oh..Come on you two hug it out already. Let's have fun tonight!" Hannah pulled me and Anne into a hug.
We made up and laughed together.

"So, what will you be wearing? You have to give David eye candy." Anne winked at me.

I instantly blushed and rolled my eyes, when i showed her my outfit.

It was a tight beige longsleeve turtle neck, and a tight black jeans with a black clutch and some jewelry.

"We gotta change that." she was unimpressed.

She got a pair of thigh high black boots and a leather jacket from her closet.
She dressed me pairing those boots and jacket with a overcised loose t-shirt.

"Anne!... My upper thigh is showing." i shouted as i looked at the mirror.

"Hmmm right you should show a little cleavege too...Let me grab my scissors..."

She walked with the scissors in my direction.

"No! Stop!" i tried to take the scissors away from her.

At the party.

As Anne, Hannah and i entered the house, Anne went directly to her friends and Hannah went to go dance with a random guy, And i was left alone at the door.

Where is David?
I decide to serach for him.

Loud music was playing, a lot of sweaty teenagers were dancing and grinding on each other. I hate this...

"Looking for someone?" i heard a boy ask behind me.

I turn around and face him.

"Have you seen David?" i ask him raising me voice to overtone the music.

"David? Oh. He's here somewhere. Come i'll get you to him." he grabs my arm and looks me up and down, when he smirks.

Woah... let go of my hand!

Before i could yell at him for grabbing my arm, we already ended up at a random couch.

"New here huh?" his eyes went to my thighs.

I shuffled in my seat a little to make him stop staring.
He took the hint and broke his gaze. Looking a little caught.

"Eh..ehm haha i'm John btw." he cleared his throat.

Just then i realised i don't know who he is and how he knows David...

"So how come you know Dav-" i got caught by him standing up.

"I'll be right back" he winked at me and left.

Here i was again. Alone.
The music boomed into my ears.

My eyes wandered upon the many people in the crowd dancing. Not long after that i saw Adam and Tom walking with a couple of people following them.

Finally Adam noticed me, but he looked somehow shocked.

I made eye contact with Tom. He saw me and immedietly waved at me happly. He lead Adam and the rest towards me.

"Let's start the game T!" one boy said while the others took a seat on the sofas next to each other.

"Lou wanna play?" Tom turned to me.

"Nahh man leave her out of this." Adam intervened.

"N-no i'd like to." i ignored Adam.

We played truth or dare and a boy dared a girl to go with him in the store room for about 10 min.
After that some truths were told.
It was all kinda borring.

The game got my attention again when a rondom girl asked Adam.
Adam chose dare.

"Show everybody the last picture you took on your phone." she smiled wide, probably expecting a nude or something.

Adam just shrugged and opended the photo.

Wow this picture is beautiful. The contrast, the perspective, the play between light and shadow and the urban scenery danced in front of your sight. This picture felt alive.

I came back to reality when Tom shook my shoulder a little.
"You done?"

"Ah eh y-yes." i gave the phone back to Adam.

"Alright it's my turn... " Tom said

"Lou, truth or DARE. Please don't be a party pooper and choose dare. Will ya?" he smolled at me.

"Tsk she is allowed to choose what she wants" Adam said annoyed.

"Wow i didn't know you're her babysitter..." Tom said mockingly.

"What the fuck are yo-" Adam was about to conter back when i suddendly said.

"Dare."

I ain't gonna let them think i'm weak.

Tom smiled at my answer and Adam was shoooook.

"Hmm... let me see... I dare you to make out with Adam for 20 seconds in front of us."

Shit.
What!?
No!

Every one cooed and i heard a couple of Ooohs overtone the loud music in the background.

Adam jacked his head to face Tom and look at him angrly. Tom was just looking innocent and shrugged. Adam composed himself again and his expression was emotionless.

"You asked to play along. Now you gotta play." he said approaching me.

With every cm he came closer to me, my heartbeat increased.
I was blushing hard when he was just cm away from my face... Then i suddenly  heared...

"I'm back!"

-------------------🌙------------------