chapter twenty-one.

𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

𝗮𝗻: 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄. 𝗩𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘇𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽𝘀 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 :)

"Baby, Camila's here to pick you up." River poked his head into our room as I was spraying perfume on myself.

Ever since graduation and the incident that happened after, lots of things have changed.

I am River's official girlfriend, and surprisingly, he hasn't tried to hide it; being affectionate all the time, lots of PDA even though it makes me uncomfortable, he even surprised me with the whole "meet the parents" dinner with my dad and stepmom. It went well. Dad doesn't hate River anymore.

I got a job at a very expensive gym as a personal trainer, so I do help with rent and stuff. River packed up and moved our stuff to a new house with 7 unnecessary bedrooms whilst I was at work like a month ago. It did end up in a heated argument but the house overall wasn't a bad choice so I got over it.

In terms of friends, I'm still okay with Serena and Riley, Jordan sort of distanced herself because of the whole thing to do with her brother and also Cam threatening his life multiple times.

I completely get it, but to be fair, Jordan's always been kissing her brother's ass anyway so it's not a big deal to me.

Mason's still been 'off the grid', so he isn't exactly a problem and I don't see Chris and Vanessa anyways.

"Tell her to wait for a second, I still haven't found my earrings!" I whined as I paced around our huge room in my boot heels.

"You mean these earrings?" He questioned as he pointed to the earrings sitting next to my phone on my bedside table and I groaned as I rushed to put them on.

"Are you sure you don't need me to come?" River asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and I shook my head.

"It's just lunch, besides, I need to catch up with my friend without you following us 24/7," I said as I picked up my phone and turned around to kiss him.

His lips lingered on mine and I tried to pull away. "I'm gonna be lateee. I gotta go." I said as I kissed him once more quickly and headed out of our room.

I walked down the corridor and down the main staircase, where Camila was sitting on the couch. "Took you forever." She grumbled as she stood up.

She's sort of been in a mood since she and Caitlyn broke up. Honestly, I think they've been broken up since like after graduation but I didn't know the details since she refuses to talk about it.

I do know it was something to do with Caitlyn finding something on her phone. It was probably Camila texting another girl or something.

Camila's never exactly been a grounded person when it comes to relationships.

She tends to move more...freely.

"Sorry, I couldn't find my earrings," I said as we left the house and got into her car. "So I was thinking we try out this new restaurant in town. They make really good mimosas apparently." She suggested as we pull out of the driveway.

"Do they only make drinks or is there food too?" I asked sarcastically as I scrolled through my social media.

"They also make killer waffles." She smiled and my insides lit up. "That's more like it," I responded as an incoming facetime call from Serena appeared on my phone.