chapter thirty.

| river |

"What's with them?" Kane asked as he approached me and I eyed the cup in his hand.

"Chill out it's just coke," He added and I shrugged as we both watch our girls descend down the stairs.

We don't drink when we're in club settings cause it's anything can easily go left and we need to be alert.

Especially since my girl is here, and she's drinking, I'm not touching any alcohol.

"They're up to something," I said as I watched Cam and Nyah laugh and dance together. She looked up and locked eyes with me and I winked.

"Maybe that's why," He said as he pointed to Vanessa and Chris dancing close by.

But that's not what caught my eye. I zeroed in on Mason, at the corner of the bar, and he was watching Nyah.

"Hey guys, we're about to go dance if you wanna join," Riley said with Serena next to her and I went down the stairs without another word.

I walked straight up to Nyah and spun her so she faced me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked as I pulled her closer to me and she giggled.

"Are you drunk?" I asked and her smile immediately dropped.

"No, but I'm trying to be. You can't be here right now." She hissed as she put on the facade again and grabbed Camila's arm and they headed to the bar.

Damn.

"They're gonna ruin my opening won't they?" Serena sighed as she stood next to me and I shrugged. "If they do, I say you shouldn't take it personally," I responded.

"It's a huge success as it is," I added, gesturing to the room, and she took my answer for what it was.

| nyah |

"What was that with River?" Camila whispered and I shrugged.

"I don't know but he's ruining the plan," I muttered as the waiter from before approached us.

"Heyyy, could I have that Bloody Mary?" I asked sweetly as I batted my eyelashes and he smirked as he handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said as I grabbed him by his shirt and tucked a piece of paper in the pocket. I winked and walked away whilst holding the drink.

"Why are you so good at seducing boys?" Camila giggled and I shrugged and we almost bumped into Vanessa and some ginger haired girl.

"Nice Versace. So chic." I complimented and Camila snorted.

"You know, drunk isn't a good look on you." She smirked as she folded her arms.

I faked stumbled and the drink swished around in my glass and Vanessa took a step back.

"And I'm sure a red-stained dress wouldn't be a good look for you, so watch your mouth bitch," Camila shot back as she took the drink and pretended to launch it at her.

Vanessa let out a slight scream and I laughed as we walked away. "That was bad!" Riley said as she joined us and folded her arms. I took the drink back and took a sip.

"It's harmless fun." Camila said as she walked back towards Kane and I finished the drink.

𐐒𐐚  ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚  ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

We've been at the club for over three hours now and Mason hasn't approached me since, he also hasn't left yet.

He keeps lurking in dark corners and stuff, and River isn't letting me out of his sight, which I appreciate. But it's also suffocating.