chapter thirty-two.

| nyah |

"You nearly here?" Kane asked and I hummed in agreement.

"I'm parking right now," I said.

"But all I see is River's car," He said as I took out the car keys and opened the door.

"Exactly," I smirked as I shut the door and locked the car.

He stood at the front as he watched me walk towards him.

"I'm surprised he gave you the keys," Kane said as he leaned against the warehouse doors.

"The difference between us is that he loves me. You'd just be doing your job," I teased as I walked past him and he rolled his eyes.

I entered and found the place pretty much empty.

"Oh we kept him in the back room. It wouldn't be smart to leave him in the open." Kane said as I looked around and I nodded.

"I have a few errands to run so I'll be back in a bit. The boys are coming too," He informed me.

"And so is River with Cam and Serena" I added and he nodded.

"For the safety of everyone else, please don't go and talk to him. Just leave him there. He'll be out for another few hours anyway." Kane begged as he held his hand out and I grumbled and gave him the car keys.

"So you're really just gonna strand me here?" I asked as he headed for the door.

"You won't die. And besides, no-one knows about this place." He called as he jogs to the car and I shut the warehouse door behind me and sighed.

There's is one thing I've always wanted to do here though. I jogged up the back stairs and to the weapons area.

I've always wanted to pick out a weapon for myself.

I frowned at the guns and moved to the hand combat. I grabbed a pair of numb chucks and fiddled around with them. I took a long staff and skilfully swished it around before putting it back.

Guns aren't really my thing.

My eyes lit up as I saw a pair of batons and I immediately grabbed them. I flipped them around my wrists and pressed the button underneath. The wands jolted and I looked confused as I examined them.

Nothing was happening, they were only vibrating when I pressed the buttons.

I shrugged to myself but froze when I heard a loud clang. It came from outside.

Someone else is here.

I moved backwards slowly, so no one could see me from the ground floor and hid with the batons behind my back. "The coast is clear!" A voice shouted. There was a large blast and I heard the clang of the doors, that I'm guessing, have been blown off the hinges.

I jumped slightly at the sound.

I cursed under my breath as my heartbeat quickened. "We find Mr Wright and we get out." A voice said and I stilled.

How did they know Mason was even here?

I can't let them take him. That would put everyone involved at risk.

I scanned the area and found a mask and I quickly put it on. I moved swiftly as I fastened the baton in my hands.

"Two of you wait outside, one go check the rooms and I'll check the office. The rest of you stay here!" The same voice shouted.

Okay, I'm going into a fight without knowing how many people I'm dealing with.

I could probably die.

I reached the edge of the balcony and peered over. There were only about 4 guys here, so eight in total. They probably wanted to send a small extraction team.

Get in then get out.

I attached the batons against my back in a criss-cross pattern and grabbed a few small stuff and headed through the shortcuts and to where the backroom was.

I need to get to the person they sent down here before he finds Mason, not that I even know where he is.

I swiftly walked down the corridor but stopped when I came face to face with the guy.

"Sorry man, but I need to get through," He said roughly and I took off my mask and his eyes widened.

"Sorry not happening," I said sweetly as I dropped the mask on the floor.

"You're a pretty girl, so I'm gonna let you pass," He said and I faked a sigh of relief.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about me. This," I said as I pulled out the batons from my back and gripped them in my hands.

"Won't hurt too much" I said as he lunged at me and I took a step back before sliding under his legs and landing swiftly in a crouched position.

I grunted and attached my batons against my back and he attacked me with a series of punches and kicks that I just about managed to keep up with. He easily grabbed me and had me in a headlock before whipping out a gun.

This is taking too long.

I stepped really hard on his foot and he loosened his grip slightly as I kneed him in the balls and raised my leg and kicked him in the chest to which he tumbled on the floor.

"Shit," He groaned as his head hit the concrete floor and I whipped out my batons and twisted them on my hands. I stood over his body and crouched forward.

"I'm really sorry it had to end this way, we had a lovely friendship," I said sarcastically as I pressed the batons against his chest and pushed on the buttons.

His body jotled violently and he was out cold. I placed them back on my back and dragged him to the nearest room. I chained him to one of the long pipes against the walls and locked the door.

I picked up the mask and put it back on but froze as I saw multiple other men approaching.

They didn't think twice about charging towards me and I sighed and ran towards them but jumped off the side of the wall and landed behind them.

Surprisingly, this corridor has very high ceilings.

I landed with one knee on the ground and pulled out these balls that looked like some sort of smoke bombs and threw them towards their feet. As soon as they connected to the floor, electric jolts travelled up their legs and they all fell to the ground and I tilted my head in confusion and stood up.

"I'll be real, I didn't expect that to happen," I said as I walked backwards and they slowly stood up.

"Why don't you come and get me?" I teased as they all limped towards me and I jogged backdown the corridors and to the main part of the warehouse.

River and the others better show up soon otherwise I might just die in this dirty ass building.