chapter twenty-three.

I speed-walked down the halls and down the main stairs as I watched the last of the men leaving the house.

It was just River, Kane, Camila, and I.

I marched through the doors of the meeting room and River was sitting on his desk, laid back, whilst Kane was sifting through papers on the floor.

"I just had a short screaming match with your girlfriend and I have just enough energy to give a shit for a little bit longer, so talk," I said as I pulled an extra chair and sat on it backwards.

Kane scoffed and River got up and I motioned for him to sit without taking my eyes off Kane.

He complied at sat back in his seat.

"I know you're not seriously doing this right now." He muttered and I got off the chair and kicked it to the side and it ricocheted against some other chairs.

"Nyah calm the fuck down!" Camila shouted and I didn't even turn to face her as I responded, "Oh, relax I won't kill your boyfriend." I crouched forward to Kane's height.

"Yes, I am doing this now, you wanna know why? Because if I keep up this energy, I might just go over to Jordan's and handle Mason myself, so you're lucky, that I'm giving you the opportunity to talk about this now whilst I still have a working conscience." I said with a hard face and he stood up.

"What is your problem? It's not like I cheated on you with her or something." He argued and I stood up too.

Sure, I'm a good five inches shorter but when has that ever stopped me before?

"No, my problem is I feel like you have! Other than her, you're meant to be my closest friend," I said as I pointed to his chest and he sighed deeply.

"Daniels, you were in and out of this house for the last two months! You weren't even here for him!" I shouted as I pointed to River.

"Did you forget that you are the reason why I'm not paranoid everywhere I go? That I don't get nightmares that leave me in bed screaming? That I can actually move on with my life and live with the fact that I was drugged and almost raped?" I shouted as I drew closer to him and he slowly backed away.

"Nyah, you've done this before! You'll accidentally kill him." Camila yelled as she advanced towards me I grabbed the nearest chair and purposefully missed her, but she screamed and got the message to stay back.

"Stay the fuck back." I turned to face her and River took her and led her out of the room.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you trying to hurt her?!" Kane roared and I didn't flinch.

"She was my sister before she became your girlfriend. Never forget that." I warned as I pointed to him and he rolled his eyes.

Aww, so he gets mad too? That's cute.

"Nyah, before you throw anything else around, I need you to know that I never wanted to intentionally hide it from you. Camila was just out of her past relationship and was confused and I-"

"Oh, screw Camila, she's always all over the place,"

It's true.

For as long as I've known her, Camila always acts impulsively. Kind of like a 'heat of the moment' thing, and to be honest, maybe she doesn't even like Kane.

I love her, but we're both real enough with each other that we don't defend our reckless actions.

"Camila is pretty much my sister. She's been there all my life, but I've never had a friend," I sighed as I dropped my hard stance and he softened too.

"The fact that you didn't feel the need to tell me, makes me feel like it would be easier for everyone if I didn't know. Am I that bad a person?" I asked and he didn't respond.

"Answer me. Am I that bad of a person that you felt that it would be better for everyone to hide it from me? The only person that truly cares for both of you equally?" I asked quietly and he didn't answer, so I continued.

"You've helped through one of the hardest times of my life, and helped me feel genuinely happy again, so the only thing I want is to see you happy. How could you take that away from me?" I asked, out of breath and defeated.

"I think it's time for you to leave." River said softly to Kane as he returned into the room and encased his arms around me.

"I'm sorry." is all he said before leaving and a pair of heels also left too.

I immediately broke down in tears and I felt the weight of my body collapse as I felt myself sinking and River lowered himself too as we both sat on the floor, me crying until I couldn't speak.

𐐒𐐚  ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚  ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay? You could always change your mind and stay here," River suggested and I shook my head as I pushed my hair out of my face.

"I already called my dad. I'll only be there for two days." I said quietly as I zipped up my duffel bag.

"I thought you'd wanna be in on what we're gonna do with Mason." He said as I tied my hair and I shook my head.

"I told you to do what you think is best." I shrugged and he tugged on his hair.

He's stressed.

In a situation like this, I would tell him what to do, but I clearly need to take care of myself first.

"Baby, stop worrying," I said softly as I slowly moved his hands away from his hair and ran my own through his hair.

"If it's any help, don't kill him." I teased and he kissed me passionately.

"I'm gonna miss you, tiger." He mumbled as he rested his head on mine. "It's only for two days," I said as I gave him a hug.

"With Mason," I added I let go of him and picked up my duffel bag.

"I trust you completely. I know you'll do what you think is best." I said as I placed my palm on his cheek and he looked down at the floor with his hand shoved in his pockets.

I didn't waste any more time. I left the house and took both of my keys at the door and locked it behind me.

I cursed out of frustration as I threw my duffel bag into the backseat of my car.

I climbed into the driver's seat and turned on the ignition. I sped out of the driveway but screamed as I hit the brakes.

I pushed my hair out of my face as I scrambled out of my car and ran towards the body shifting on the floor at the front of my car.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry, I didn't see you there-" I rambled as I was stuck deciding whether to help him or not.

"It's fine," He said in a gruff, but familiar voice.

"Are you sure? I could take you to the hospital," I tried to touch him to check for anything but he shrugged me off and I retreated backwards in shock.

"Mason?"

He looked me in the eye before turning away and walking down towards the main roads.

I backed away and went back in my car as I kept my eyes on him. I rested my head on the steering wheel as I tried to pull myself together.

I hit Mason with my car.

𝗮𝗻: 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲. 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗼...