chapter eleven.

𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘁:

"Hey guys, meet Caitlyn." Camila introduced and we all waved and greeted her.

"Hey guys. Nyah right? Awesome party. Happy birthday." She wished me with a smile.

"She has the cutest voice." Serena whispered next to me and I nodded.

"Oh, sit down please, I have a lot of people to greet so I'll be back in a bit." I said as I stood up and offered my seat.

I did a lap around the venue and greeted people. Everyone was here.

"May I have this dance?" A voice said and I turned around to find Mason behind me, with his hand outstretched. I looked around as the music slowed down and I smiled.

"I would love to," I teased as I accepted his hand and he pulled me towards him as we swayed.

"So I know this isn't really your scene and I wanted to make sure you were okay," He said softly and I looked up at him.

"This isn't your scene either. But I'm okay, I'm having fun," I assured him and he nodded as we danced for longer.

"You look great tonight," He complimented.

"Mason we talked about this. No flirting," I reminded him and he smiled as he spun me around. "No, I meant it that time," He pressed and I nodded my head but I wasn't convinced.

"Your boyfriend is staring daggers into me. He won't kill me right?" Mason leaned into my ear and whispered. I turned my head and my eyes locked with River.

"Don't worry about him. This place isn't his scene," I explained and Mason nodded understandingly. "But it's cool of him to show up anyways," He added and I smiled as I thought of him.

"Yeah, it was," I agreed.

"Okay, I'm gonna spin you. You ready?" Mason asked with a smirk and I nodded.

"Happy birthday Nyah," He whispered before spinning me and I gasped as I landed in someone else's arms.

"Don't you think you've been away for me for long enough?" River whispered in my ear as he pulled me towards his chest and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"It is my party, I have people to tend to." I replied as I held onto his arms.

"Did you train today?" He asked and I nodded.

"I was at the gym from 6. I'm ready for tomorrow." I informed him and he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"That's my girl." He mumbled and I smiled.

"Come on," I said as I grabbed his hand and lead him to the drink table.

"Have something, it's free booze." I sang as I held a cup in his face and he shook his head.