chapter fifteen.

𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

After multiple physical therapy sessions and painkillers, I'm finally able to leave the house.

It's also a week until finals.

"I don't want them, River," I argued as he attempted to shove the painkillers in my bag pack.

"Don't play with me Nyah. Take the fucking pills." He said harshly. We've both been on edge since the whole incident with Chris.

Even more on edge than before.

He doesn't let me out of his sight, and I don't bother to leave the house.

This has resulted in multiple fights and arguments and every time I expect him to pick his stuff and walk out the door, he shocks me every time by climbing into my bed with me each night.

We've had a few good moments but they're always ruined by something new for us to argue about coming up.

"Fine, I'll take them." I rolled my eyes and took the packet. "Um, Melinda called last night." He said hesitantly as I headed for the door.

"My stepmother?" I asked and he nodded.

"And now's the time you wanna tell me?" I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

"She just said I should drop you off after your classes, so text me when you're done and I'll come." He said calmly and I nodded as I walked towards him. He's dressed in a sleeveless hoodie with baggy bottoms.

I'm more comfortable with him and even though he pisses me the hell off all the time, I've accepted the weird feelings I've been battling with for a while.

Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped within this relationship, but it doesn't change that River Williams spun my life around in the wildest way possible, and if I could, I'd do it all again.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer and I leaned into him for a hug. He lightly kissed my forehead and I smiled before pulling away. I headed out of the house and into Serena's car with Vanessa and Riley in the back.

"If we knew you moved, we would've told you the house is ugly." Vanessa grimaced and I rolled my eyes as I clicked on my seatbelt in the passenger seat.

"And why are you here again?" I asked as I turned my head to face her. "Shut up. My Porsche needed a fresh coat." She countered and I smirked as Serena pulled out of the driveway.

"We probably should've told you sooner but people have been talking," Serena began.

"Don't care." I simply responded.

"Everyone thought you moved towns," Riley added and I shrugged.

"I don't care."

We arrived at the campus and I was the first to get out of the car. I don't really wanna talk to anyone, my main focus is preparing for finals. "Hey, good to see you back," Mason said as he hit my shoulder and I visibly flinched.

It doesn't hurt, because I'm so high on meds, but my reflexes are all out of whack so pretty much anything scares me now and I visibly react.