chapter twenty-eight.

The rays of the sun shone orange as I climbed into the driver's seat and shut the door. I sipped on my water as I checked my phone.

The club opening is in just over an hour and I haven't eaten anything all day.

My phone buzzed with various texts from River. He must be done by now.

RIVER: hey

RIVER: are u coming or not?

RIVER: everyone else is here

I turned my head and watched as the multiple black SUVs pulled into and around our driveway.

I even saw Serena and Camila's cars pull up as well.

I turned back around and pressed on the accelerator as I sped in the opposite direction.

I need food.

𐐒𐐚  ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚  ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

"That will be £13.79." The waiter said as I pulled out my card.

I felt his eyes on me as I typed in my pin and tried not to look up.

He wasn't ugly either, but obviously I wasn't going to lead him on. "Thank you" I said as I stood up and I don't know how, but I felt myself trip and fall backwards.

Not that I was surprised, but he caught me and I was forced to look at him.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not really used to the whole heels thing." I said shyly as I straightened myself out.

"No worries," He replied with a smile.

I'm surprised he didn't ask why I'm-

"So why are you here alone?"

There it is.

"I'm actually heading to a club to meet my boyfriend. I was just hungry." I said I pulled out the slip of tissue I knew he put up my sleeve.

"You can have your number back," I said sweetly as I handed back the tissue to him and picked up my phone as I walked past him and out of the restaurant.

My phone rang again and I answered without thinking.

"Finally, Nyah. Everyone's been trying to get a hold of you." Riley sighed and I cursed as I quickly walked into my car.

"I said I was coming. Why do you all keep calling me?" I sighed out of frustration.

"Shit sorry, we didn't know you was busy." She said as I connected the call to my speaker and started up the car.

"I've been with my dad. I am on my way now, since nobody wants to give me my space." I said and ended the call.

I didn't mean to be snappy and on edge, but I just wanted space and I feel like I've been overly harassed since I left.

Of course I'm coming to support Serena, and no matter what is happening in my relationship or with other, I would never not show up to support her.

I arrived at the house in less than 10 minutes and took a sip of water before climbing out of my car.

As long as I just stay cool, everything will be fine.

I opened the door to the house and I heard various voices from the kitchen and the meeting room. I went to the kitchen first and walked straight to the fridge.

"Can you get me a bottle?" Camila asked and I pulled one out and threw it to her, which she caught with ease.

Serena, Riley and surprisingly, Caitlyn, walked into the kitchen.