chapter ten.

"Your friends must've paid a fortune, for that hair." He said as he admired it.

I convinced him to let me drive since I need to get used it if I wanna buy a car. I got my drivers license as soon as I could and I haven't driven anywhere since. I kinda forgot how to do it, but I need to start driving again.

I feel like a child, having people drive me around and pick me up.

"Well they clearly hate my style so," I answered, as we arrived at my house.

"You sure this is the place?" My dad asked as he looks at the exterior of the place and I nodded before unlocking the door.

We walked in and he complimented the seating area and kitchen.

My eyes widened as I saw River emerge from the bathroom, shirtless. He wore the same expression, but luckily my dad had his back turned. He slipped back into the bathroom as my dad turned around.

"This place is great." He admired and headed into my bedroom as I made an excuse to go to the bathroom.

"Why the hell are you here?" I hissed as I shut the door. He shrugged and turned off the running tap.

"You need to get out of here." He pulled me towards him with his hands in the back pockets of my jeans.

"Why can't we just stay in here for a while?" He mumbled and he gave me a soft kiss but I pulled away first.

"What am I to you?" I asked truthfully and he didn't expect my question.

"Do I work for you or do you like me?"

He didn't respond because he obviously hasn't made up his mind. He sighed as his grip on me loosened.

"You need to go, my father can't find you here." I muttered.

"Nyah?!" My dad called and I panicked.

"I'll take him to the office room, you sneak out." I said and I headed out of the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

"In here is the office but I plan to change it into a gym." I explained as I open the door for him.

"Looks like you already have." He called and I walked in behind him and blinked multiple times.

The huge desk with the chair that was once in here was gone and replaced with gym equipment. The floor was lined with mats and weights and one side of the wall was covered in mirrors.

How the hell did River pull this off in a day?

A loud thud sounded throughout the house followed by a series of curse words.

"Someone's here." My dad whispered as his face hardened and he headed for the door but I beat him to it and stood in front of it.

"It's just neighbours, these walls are so echoey you can hear the other houses." I lied and laugh nervously and I winced as the front door slammed shut.

Damn him.

"Nyah, move." My dad ordered and I moved away from the door and he checked the house and outside, but there was no cars in sight other than his.

"Hmm, I guess there was nobody here." He said and I quickly showed him the rest of the house and we were back in the car, since it's 10 to 6. He drove us home and I texted River.

ME: i guess you don't understand the meaning of quiet

RIVER: i banged my leg on the couch

ME: and you slammed the door

RIVER: huh. didn't realise

ME: i'm a terrible liar, you know