chapter thirty-one.

"Well you took long," River said as I shut the car door and he handed me the keys.

"You're letting me drive again?"

I put in the keys and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't make me regret it," He warned and I looked up and saw Vanessa and Chris walking out of the club.

I turned to face River and his eyes widened as he looks at Vanessa's dress and her red eyes from crying hysterically.

"What the hell happened to her?" He asked and I cleared my throat and he looked at me.

"Nyah," He warned and I shrugged.

"You knew I was gonna do something. I'm surprised it took you that long to realise," I muttered as I sped down the lit-up streets.

"What'd you tell the girls?" He asked.

"I said I'll call them tomorrow. You gonna sleep or go to the warehouse?" I asked as I sped past a red light.

"Stop driving past red lights, and no I'm not sleeping tonight," He said and I rolled my eyes.

But it's cool when he does it...

"I wasn't planning to either, probably gonna work out," I answered as we finally arrived at the house. "It's late, you have to sleep," he advised as I stopped in front of the double doors of our house and I scoffed.

"Okay mum," I mock as I handed him the keys and climbed out of the car.

"Nyah, I'm serious!" He repeated as he shut the main door behind him and followed me into the kitchen.

"I haven't trained in forever. I need to train." I said as I pulled out a pre-workout snack and water.

My heels clicked against the tiled floors as I left him in the kitchen and headed up to our room. My phone rang my hand and I answered it as I reached the top floor.

"Do we tie him up?" Kane asked as I entered our room and put the things I was holding down on my dresser.

"Keep him tied up," I said as I sat on the bed and took off my heels.

River walked in and I turned around so he could undo my dress.

"Well, what about if he wakes up?" He asks and I sighed as I walked into the closet and got gym shorts, a matching top, socks and trainers.

"If he wakes up, then you knock him unconscious or taser him. I don't really care. Do whatever you have to do. He cannot and will not wake up until I get there. Understood?" I said sternly as I walked back into the room and River watched me with slight shock on his face.

"If he gets even a glimpse of where he is, or if he sees your face, he'll know that I'm behind this. The chance of him escaping and reporting us is too high, to the point where I might just kill him myself." I said as I placed my clothes down.

"We'll keep him knocked out until you get here. Uhh, when will that be?" He asked and I groaned.

"I don't fucking know Kane, I'll get there when I get there," I answered and ended the call.

"Okay, I'll let you work out," River sighed as I quickly put on all of my clothes and I smiled.

"That's great, but I was going to anyway," I said sarcastically as I ruffled his hair and he glared at me.

He has this weird thing about people not touching his hair. I honestly don't get what the big deal is.

"Don't do that," He said as he stood up and tugged the back of my hair downwards, so I was looking up at him.