chapter six.

The next six days hit me like wildfire.

It was the same routine; wake up, lectures, break, study then the rest of the day at the warehouse.

In the short days, I became accustomed to going there, the gruelling training sessions and the endless questions from my friends.

After long discussions, they finally dropped the matter, especially since Kane, as promised, didn't pull the same stunt again.

It was always a simple "im outside" and I got in the car with no discussions.

Life with the gang isn't bad and the guys there are actually nice when they're not looking scary.

Today's the last day of the seven-day trial and we finished early so I can work on the essays that I have to hand in.

"This isn't a library." River muttered as he walks past me on the floor and I look pushed my glasses up and look up from the screen.

He's been salty ever since he tried feeling up my face and I didn't let him.

I've been avoiding him the whole week and it's safe to say that he got the memo and steered clear of me.

"Something you wanna say?" I asked as I put my laptop aside and crossed my legs.

There isn't exactly any work space other than River's office and I'm trying to be anywhere but near him.

"So have you decided?" He stood above me and I patted the ground for him to sit. He sighed before sitting in front of me.

I leaned forward and smirked. "You want me to be here."

His face remained neutral.

"You're free to leave." He answered as he looked at me and I scoffed. "Oh, so now I have a say in what I do? Wow." I drawled sarcastically.

"Stop playing around, Nyah. I'm asking you if you want to stay for longer." He asked again and I thought for a while.

"I need more time to decide." I began and he groaned and moved to stand up.

"But, I'll be willing to keep coming. Consider it a temporary position. I'm not vowing my life to this shit. I gotta graduate." I finished and he nodded at my answer.

"Fair enough." He responded and walked back to his office. "Hey, where's Kane? Is he not driving me?" I called out and River emerged again with a jacket on and the car keys.

"I'm dropping you off today, princess." He waved the keys in the air and I sighed and grabbed my things.

We headed outside and I got to the car first. As I waited for him to unlock the car, I gasped slightly as I felt him push his front against my back. I gripped my bag in my hand.

I'm not dropping my expensive laptop for his bullshit.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled as I kept my eyes on the car door. I shivered slightly as I felt him blow slightly on my neck.

He's definitely doing it on purpose.

The sun was about to set and the sky radiated a deep orange. I gathered up my courage and turn around to face him.

Big mistake.

He held my cheek in his hand and slowly rested his head on mine. I had every intention of pushing him away from me, but for once, I joined in on this game he's trying to play.

I'm not into being played, but I'm always down for a game.

"Do you want to keep this professional or not?" I asked him and he didn't have an answer.