chapter sixteen.

𝗮𝗻: 𝗶'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽𝘀 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶'𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘁, 𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗽𝘀.

𝗮 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

"Hey, can you pass me the tape?" I asked my stepmother but she just ignored me. "Why are you here if you're not gonna help?" I sighed as I stood upright and she finally looked up at me from my bed.

"This is gonna be my walk-in closet. I'm just measuring the room." She replied and got up to leave.

I rolled my eyes as I leaned over to grab the tape and finished up with the last box. I'm graduating later today and I wanted to get the last of my things before I moved in permanently to my new home. I'm gonna be living with River.

"This is the last box," I called as I walked down the stairs. My dad is dressed in a suit and fixing his watch.

"I'll take this," Camila said as she took the box from my hands and headed outside.

"So Melinda's not coming huh?" I asked as I opened the fridge and he sat down at the dining table.

"You're asking as if you care." He muttered and I smiled.

"You know me so well," I responded and I placed my hand on my chest with fake gratitude as I headed to the door. "So, I'll see you on campus?" I asked and he nodded.

"I have to go pick up something first but then I'll be there later." He responded.

"We gotta go and get ready." Camila stuck her head through the door and I followed her outside and into River's car.

"You ready?" He asked as I sat in the passenger seat and I nodded. "Everyone is already at the house," Camila said as she locked her phone and River started driving.

"Serena is having her grad party, you going?" Camila asked and I shrugged. I looked at River and he didn't seem to be paying attention.

"Yeah, I guess I could go," I replied.

"She's not going." River countered and I caught Camila rolling her eyes in the rearview mirror.

"What do you mean?" I asked as he stopped at a red light. "You're really gonna put yourself around those people again?" He questioned as he turned to face me.

I didn't even consider that Chris, Mason, Cameron, and Vanessa will even be there.

The first few days after the incident on campus were awkward, to say the least. I distanced myself from everyone and kind of faded into the background.

It's definitely nicer being invisible.

Riley, Jordan, and Serena tried to talk to me but I ignored them until Camila forced me into a room with them and we sorted out our issues.

We were in that room for almost 8 hours.

As for the others, Cameron ignored me completely, not that I care. Jordan tried to get us to make amends which is understandable since he's her twin, but I just couldn't. I can't forgive him for what he said to Camila and whether I decide to tell him, or the others, about my personal issues, isn't their business.