chapter thirty-four.

| nyah |

| nyah |

"He said that?" Kane asked with wide eyes and I shrugged. This kind of behaviour is sort of expected when it comes to River.

Not surprised really.

"Do you wanna keep these?" Kane asked as he held the batons and I gazed at them. "I couldn't imagine leaving them here for someone else to use, since you're so good." He said and I took them from his hands.

"Thanks," I smiled as I held them in my hands.

"You guys are seriously selling the whole mafia thing here," Camila said as she appeared with a bag in her hand and Serena behind her.

"It's not necessarily a mafia," Kane pointed out but I doubt Camila heard him.

She handed the bag of food to me and I attached the batons to my back before taking the bag from her.

"Uhh, boss. He's waking up. Do we shock him?" One of the men said through the walkie-talkie that Kane was holding and he picked it up and looks at me.

"What time is it?" I asked Serena.

"Umm just past 9." She answered and I nodded. "Yeah bring him in. Can one of you guys get River?" I asked and Camila gave me a confused look.

"Why don't you just-" She asks and I cut her off.

"Because I don't want to go and get him. Can one of you just go, please?" I asked and silence filled the area before Camila volunteered to go and get him.

Kane also went downstairs leaving me and Serena on the balcony. We watched as they brought Mason over and tied him to a pole with chains.

"I know this is hard for you, and also really extreme," I muttered as I watched.

I never thought of him as a bad person.

"Yeah I guess, but he threw away our friendship when he hurt you," She said and they removed his blindfold and gave him water.

Camila gave him a bag of food which I'm guessing she got for him.

Despite being a little crazy, she always was an empathetic person.

"Are you gonna go downstairs?" Serena asked and I shook my head. "He needs to be conscious when I talk to him," I answered as I retreated and headed to a corner to throw away the bag of food that was given to me.

I can't even consume food right now, at a time like this.

Serena went downstairs and left me up here to recollect my thoughts. I needed to figure out what I was gonna say before I went down there.

After another 5 minutes I took out my hair from the knot I tied it up in and went downstairs.

I walked towards Mason and he looked stable as he looked up at me. I stopped and sat cross-legged in front of him.

"I had a feeling that drink was spiked. I just never thought you had it in you to do something like that," He began and I looked at the ground.

"Well payback was long overdue," I shot back as he took another bite of his burger.

"And you hitting me with your car wasn't payback enough?" He asked with his eyebrow raised and I ignored his comment.

He doesn't even deserve to know that it was a complete accident and I am a shit driver.

"Why were you in front of my house?" I asked slowly and he shrugged.

I turned my head to look at Kane and Camila standing together next to River's office door and they urged me to continue.

They walked into his office with everyone else and shut the door behind them.

"You wanna tell me why I'm here? I have a flight to catch!" He asked loudly so the others could hear him. "You're not catching that flight," I warned and he groaned loudly.

"You know, I was really gonna let this whole thing slide. You embarrassing me by hitting me, and then seducing a drug dealer like the whore you are, just to have me passed out here in what, your hideout?" He asked gesturing to the building.

"Did my protection team not come for me?" He asked.

"Oh, they came. Lovely group of men," I smirked.

"I know since you've started killing for fun with your little boyfriend, who I haven't seen yet, and your other skanky friends," Mason said with his arms folded.

"Just cause you can jump off buildings and kick things doesn't give you an excuse to play gangs because if it's money you want, then I'll give it to you-"

I whipped out one of the batons and pressed it roughly against his face.

"You wanna know what this is? This thing can shoot enough electricity through you to knock you out cold for the rest of the day, so I would choose your next words carefully," I warned.

"I'm sure being unconscious against your will isn't fun." I added and he stared me dead in the eyes.

"It's the same thing I used to take out 18 members of your 'protection team' and yes, maybe if you keep pissing me off I will kill you, and then rip your body parts apart one by one and throw your legs and arms in the river and feed your head to the homeless, but you know, only if I feel like it." I said calmly as I leaned closer to him.

"So yes, I 'play gangs' or whatever you wanna call it, but I didn't know you wanted to fuck me so bad that you had to drug me and blame it on your brainless ego, because last time I checked, you're the single white trash male that uses his daddy's money to pay for protection. Which by the way, wasn't even worth the money cause now you're here, being held hostage by me." I finished and I stood up and walked away before stopping halfway and walking back towards him and crouching in front of him.

"And you know, speaking of money," I smirked as I twirled the baton in my hand.

"Are you gonna tell mommy and daddy about the clients your family business lost because you stole money from their bank accounts or do I have to?" I asked in a mocking tone, and he threw the remains of the burger against the wall before trying to move close to me but he was restricted by the chains.

"So what, now you're gonna blackmail me?!" He shouted and I shrugged before standing up again.

"Yeah, because this is more fun than sending you to court, as much as Cam would love to," I replied.

"So if you're not sending me to court then what are you gonna do?" He asked and I sighed.

"Oh, don't worry. You're getting on a flight eventually," I assured him.

"Without your money, without contact from anyone here and without a living arrangement. You're gonna go and you're gonna stay gone and you're also gonna leave everything with your parents and explain that you wanna start a fresh new life and work your way up in society, like a normal person." I explained and I could tell he was pissed.

"Or, I could send all the information I have on you anonymously to your parents and then you can figure out what you wanna do from there," I said with a shrug and he didn't respond.

"I'll leave you to your thoughts," I said as I walked towards him. "Wait, you said 18 men," He stopped me and I paused.

"Yeah?" I asked confused.

"What happened to the other two?" He asked and I sighed.

"Get a grip, Mason. Eventually, I was gonna get sloppy. Someone was gonna have to die," I clarified.

His eyes widened as I zapped him with the baton and his head hung forwards.

"That was fun," I muttered to myself with a smile before heading to the office.