chapter fourteen.

| nyah |

The next two weeks were hell.

I was stuck at home with nothing to do but work and River wouldn't even let me go in the gym.

He physically barred the door.

Living with him hasn't been terrible but I'm pretty sure he's here because he feels like shit because I got hurt, not that I blame him.

This is all his fault. I could've died, and it's his fault. But he's the only one I can talk to about it, or teach out to for comfort.

I don't regret telling him I'll never be with him.

He needs to understand what he's dragged me into and how much worse it would be if we were together.

Camila's been calling non-stop to check up on me and make sure that I'm okay, and that I'm eating and doing work and stuff. Neither of them want me to go to school because everyone will ask too many questions. I don't even know if Camila actually knows what happened.

I'm not against telling her, I'm just scared of how she'll react.

The rest of the group have been begging to come and see me but I don't want them to see me right now.

Mentally, I'm fine, it's just this injury has limited me from doing so many things and I feel weak, like I'm incapable of looking after myself.

Literally, the only thing that drives me to get up is training and school and if I can't go to either, then what the hell am I supposed to do?

"You want bacon with your pancakes?" River stuck his head in the bathroom door whilst I pushed my hair away from my face. "Can Camila come over today?" I ignored his clearly annoyed expression as I leaned my head over the bathroom sink.

"You know she'll ask-" He tried to argue but I cut him off.

"I just need her to braid my hair so it's out of the way whilst I recover. I don't have to tell her anything." I mumbled as I took my toothbrush and carefully squeezed out toothpaste onto it.

The weight of guilt is clearly getting to him, and now it's tense in the house. He does everything to help me, but I don't know what I'm supposed to say to him.

"Fine she can come." He grumbled before walking out. "I'm giving you bacon anyway!" He called and I mumbled incoherently in response as I brushed my teeth.

I just want to get better already.

𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

"So does it like hurt?" Serena asked as she stared at both casts again and I shrugged. Camila was already with Serena so she brought her along.

River hasn't left my room since they got here and I'm guessing he isn't happy to see more than one person. "Tell me if it hurts." Camila reminded me as she braided my hair.

"So what actually happened?" Serena asked and I tried to muster an excuse. "It was an accident at training," I answered as calmly as I could.

"On your leg and your shoulder? Damn Ny, you need to chill out with your training for real," She mumbled as she continued texting.