chapter forty-eight.

| nyah |

"Your washed-out defence routines don't work on me anymore," I pointed out as Kane slowly got up from the ground. He quickly moved behind me and his arm was pressed up against my neck.

"Sure but a good bullet to the rib should shut you up for long enough," Be threatened as his grip tightened and I struggled for air.

The other cars opened their doors and multiple men walked out.

Shit.

I used my heel to step really hard on Kane's foot, to which his grip around my neck loosened. I moved to the side as he fell forward slightly and jumped on his shoulders. He stood up straight, but buckled slightly because of the weight on his foot.

"This was fun and all, but I gotta a plane to catch," I teased as I shocked him with the highest level of voltage that my batons could muster and his body jolted as he fell to the floor.

I pulled out an electric bomb and rolled it towards the approaching men. It fell a few feet in front of them and sent a shock of electric energy in their direction.

Most of them fell from the shock and I used that opportunity to sprint towards the house. I slammed the doors and unlocked the emergency lockdown system. Luckily, I sent my staff home because I had a very strong feeling that this would happen. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialled Mason's number as I went to the gym. I grabbed all the weaponry that I owned and took it with me to the garage.

"Nyah what's going on?" He asked as I loaded all of my weapons on me. Some in my boots, on my waist and my wrists. "Where are you? They've come to the house and we need to get out of here. Like now!" I yelled as I escaped through the garage. I snuck around to the back of the house and ran towards the walls at the back.

"I'm like around the corner," He said and I froze as I was surrounded by three men.
"Don't go to the front. You're my only exit route and I can't reach Serena right now," I said as I dropped my phone to the side on the grass.

"Don't take this personally boys," I said as I hit one boot on the side with the other. I felt the blade stick out of the heel and I swung my leg behind me and kicked one to the ground The blade slashed his throat and I hit the boot again so it could go back in place.

The other two stared at the one, now dead, on the ground. "Cool right? River has these custom made for me cause he knows how much I love a good combat boot," I said as I showed off my heels.

They attacked me from either side and I jumped up and grabbed onto a tree branch I swung myself onto one's shoulders and electrocuted him before tackling the other to the ground.

"You better not be far Mason," I warned as I picked up my phone again.

"So where should I wait?" He asked and I looked to my left and saw more men running towards me. "Stay around the house. I'll find you," I said quickly as I ended the call. More and more men managed to figure out my plan to climb over the back wall but I managed to take them all on.

Okay that's an overstatement, I barely made it out alive.

If I didn't go back in the house to get extra supplies then I probably would've been dead by now.

I blew out a breath as I electrocuted another guy but the volts weren't enough to take him down. He grabbed me by the neck and held me in the air and I gasped for air.

A bang sounded through the area and blood splattered on my face as the man fell to the ground.

Camila was holding a gun in my direction and put it away as she walked towards me. "You need to leave. Right now!" She warned as she looked behind before approaching me.