chapter eight.

| river |

"How'd it go?" Kane asked through the phone and I already regretted calling him.

I don't like to have a personal friendship with any of my men but without Kane, I wouldn't have any friends and as much as I enjoy being alone, that wouldn't be fun.

"She got mad, and then cried and then she was happy." I explained and his laughter boomed throughout the speakers in my car.

"So why'd you call me? Are you in another room?" He asked and I sighed.

"I'm in my car."

Kane didn't respond for a moment.

"No offence boss, but are you kidding me?"

"We shall never speak of this again but, I panicked. I gave her my top to sleep in and when she came out, she looked so good. I knew if I stayed, I would've fucked her whilst she was asleep or something." I dropped my head in my hands as I realised how stupid my reason sounded aloud.

"Okay. So now that we've established how dumb that answer is, go back inside." He ordered and I groaned.

"I can't. I've already done the damage. I'll be there tomorrow before she wakes up." I replied as I started the car and headed out of the driveway.

"That girl is crazy. If you leave her alone in her own thoughts, she'll never believe you when you tell her the real reason you left." Kane tried to reason and at this moment, I was glad that we were friends.

Girl trouble is not something a guy should go through alone.

"Who said I'll tell her the real reason?" I asked as I keep my eyes on the road. "You can't be serious, boss." He countered and I cut him off.

"I'm just seeing where this goes, I don't owe her my feelings yet." I grunted and instantly regretted the words.

She opened up a part of herself to me in many ways and me closing off would just be cruel. When I look at her I see myself, a cold, stone-hearted fighter.

That makes me want to get her to open up more because I'm curious, but it will cost me in the end since she'll expect the same in return.

Why couldn't I have fallen in love with a simpler girl?

"Boss? You still there?" Kane asked as I pulled into my driveway. "I'll see you tomorrow. We have to get more weapons delivered and the day after that, is Nyah's 21st. Buy a tux or at least a new pair of fucking jeans." I said sternly and pressed the end call button.

| nyah |

"Why the hell would he leave? I mean, I didn't do anything bad right? What if he hated it and left cause he couldn't stand the sight of me?! Okay now I'm definitely going mad." I said aloud, with my face half full of pizza.

I didn't feel like seeking advice from anyone so I settled for talking to the walls, or more or less, myself.

I don't get how people do it though. It's creepy.

River ordered way too much food so half of it went in the fridge and I wolfed down the rest. I slept in my new room and cursed at the walls when I realised I had no fresh clothes and no way of going home, since he drove me here.

I got out of bed and aggressively rubbed my hands over my face.

I didn't even notice him sitting in the same spot on the couch I was at last night.

I went straight to the bathroom and splashed my face before going back into the main room and sitting next to him.

He pointed to the two full bags and I took one and found a towel, toothbrush and toothpaste. The other had new clothes and a set of lingerie for me to wear.