chapter forty-two.

| nyah |

"I'm home," I yelled as I walked through the front doors and dropped my keys on the desk underneath the coat hanger. I kicked off my trainers and slumped onto the couch as I grabbed the tv remote.

The downstairs tv is literally there for decoration cause we have one upstairs anyways.

"Hey girl, I've been waiting for you to get back," Serena said as she walked in from the kitchen and joined me on the couch. "Hey, do you know if River is here?" I asked and she nodded as she bit the top of her banana.

We heard footsteps coming from upstairs and River appeared at the top of the staircase in joggers and a fitted top.

"Hey baby, how was your day?" I asked as he joined me on the couch and placed his arm around me.

"I didn't do anything. Just went to Camila's," He said and the room went silent. "What??" I questioned and Serena immediately got up.

"I'm gonna make popcorn. Ny, you want some?" Serena asked.

"What was you doing at Camila's?" I asked him, completely ignoring Serena and he looked at the cartoon on the tv. "I need help accessing stuff that Kane showed me," He answered.

"I'm gonna go make some for you anyways," Serena mumbled and disappeared.

"Can't I know about it?" I asked and he shook his head. "You said you didn't wanna join," He sighed and I raised my eyebrow.

"But Camila can know what's going on?" I questioned.

"I've been injured and I risked my life fighting for you idiots and and she gets to know the 'confidential' information??" I asked and he nodded as if what I said was the dumbest question you could ever ask.

"I needed her help actually accessing them because they were encrypted. That means-" He began as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Serena yelled.

"Damn River, I know what an encryption is. I know more about tech than Camila," I argued as Serena looked through the peephole.

"I've never even seen you near any piece of tech other than your phone," He argued and I rolled my eyes. "Did she ever tell you it was me that accessed Mason's bank details in the first place?" I questioned and he blinked repeatedly.

"You?" He repeated as Serena opened the door.

"Yes, me. Camila can't work computers for shit, why do you think she has all of those assistants working for her?" I asked as I folded my arms.

"Guys?" Serena called.

"Cause the firm is loaded enough to dispose of their workers?"

"Nyah, I-" Serena called again and I held my hand to stop her.

"No! It's cause the girl doesn't know how to use computers. The only reason she pieced everything together in the first place is because I had it all printed out!," I responded and he scoffed. "So no, it wasn't her smartass plan that gave you a reason to send Mason to jail, it was me accessing the files you needed in the first place!" I yelled.

"Why would she take all the credit for it?" River questioned and I ran my hands through my hair.

"Hello?" Serena called.

"Not now, S." I replied quickly.

"Have you met her? It's in her nature to take credit for my shit. Hell, if she knew how to tumble whilst shooting targets at perfect aim, she'd do it more often than me," I shot back as I threw my arms in the air.