chapter forty-one.

| river |

"What do you want from downstairs?" I mumbled as I got out of bed. Nyah rolled onto her front and didn't respond. "Give me like another hour," She grumbled and I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room.

I scrolled through my contacts before pressing a number. It rang for a few seconds before I heard shuffling.

"River it's like 7 am,"

"I need to talk to you," I grunted as I reached the bottom of the main staircase and she sighed. "Kane, leave me alone. Your shit is in there. Get it if you want it," She hissed before sighing.

"Where am I meeting you?" Camila asked and I sifted through the files on my desk. "I'll come to yours," I answered.

"But you don't know where I-" She protested but I already cut the call.

Nyah isn't hiding anything from me.

She wouldn't.

𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞ 𐐒𐐚

"Wait, so what am I looking for exactly?" Camila asked as I leaned back on the desk chair. "Her money is disappearing." I said in a slightly loud voice and Camila visibly flinched as she moved away from me slightly.

"I want to know where," I said slowly as I turned to face her.

I hate that Kane put these ideas in my head and usually I wouldn't be bothered, but curiosity took over.

She sighed and moved her hair to one side as she leaned past me and towards her computer. I laid back against the seat and I had a full view of...well, everything.

Not bad, Kane.

I nodded my head slowly to myself as Camila began scrolling. "Stop looking at my boobs," Camila mumbled as she kept her focus on the screen. "Not interested anyways," I muttered as I pushed the chair away from the desk and got up. She grabbed the chair with her leg and sat cross-legged on it.

She had a very petite frame so the even chair itself was even too big for her.

"Really? You're drinking right now?" Camila asked as I poured myself some Scotch. "It helps," I said as I pulled out my blunt and lit it. She raised her eyebrow as I crossed my arms as I blew out smoke. I opted for a short-sleeved t-shirt so I'm just gonna assume that she's looking at my arms. Her focus was on me and I held my gaze.

I finished the drink in one swig and placed the glass down before slowly approaching her. I took a puff and lowered myself over her desk so we were in peripheral vision. I blew out the smoke and she couldn't take her eyes off mine.

Wow. So she actually does like me?

"Camila?" I said slowly and she mumbled incoherently in response. "Find out what she's hiding," I said sternly before moving away from her. When I turned to look at her she looked flustered but held her position and continued looking through Nyah's details.

"Hey, I'm heading out-" Kane walked into the room but stopped when he saw me.

"I was just coming to yours," He said as Camila lifted her eyes momentarily to look at him before they returned to the screen.

She avoided looking at me at all costs.

"She's looking through what you found," I gestured to her before taking another puff. "Well, did you find anything?" Kane asked her and she pushed herself away from her desk and ran her hands through her hair. "I can't find anything," She muttered as she got up and walked towards me.