chapter forty-seven.

| river |

"So you're sure this is the place?" I asked as I nodded to the gated house.

She picked a nice one.

"Yep, it's here. Took me forever to figure out where exactly it was though," Camila grumbled and I ignored her. "So what will you do when you find her?" She asked and I sighed as I loaded my gun.

"I'll make sure she feels every inch of the pain that I went through," I muttered.

"So we don't shoot on site?" Kane asked from the backseat and I shook my head. "Just detain her. I don't want her to die just yet," I said to him and he nodded.

"Hey, after could we possibly talk about us?" Camila asked softly as she leaned over to my seat. "Yeah whatever," I drawled as I moved to open the door.

"Stay in the car," I said and she nodded before leaning forward to kiss me, but I was already out the door. I slammed it behind her and Kane fell into step with me.

"Damn, so you stole my girlfriend?" Kane questioned and I shook my head.

"Of course I didn't. She was onto me. That means you wasn't doing something right," I said as I stopped at the gates.

There was no bell to press or camera system.

"Someone get these doors open," I said loudly and moved aside as one of the SUVs rammed into the gate. It didn't open after the first few tries but it eventually busted open. We walked inside and walked on the driveway towards the front of the house. "So what's the backup plan in case something goes south?" Kane asked as we watched the front door.

She knows we're here. She'll come out herself.

"Then you burn the place down," I ordered as the front doors swung open. Nyah walked out fully dressed in a black bodysuit and combat boots, and both batons strapped to her back.

"If we were swapping girlfriends, you could've told me," Kane chuckled as his eyes raked over her and I glared at her.

I can't let her get to me. She's done enough damage.

"Hello boys," She said as she stopped a few metres in front of us. "Hello to you too," Kane said as he rubbed his hands together and she grimaced.

"Go to hell," She spat and he smirked. "We are going to have so much fun in the warehouse," He said and she crossed her arms.

"Well you must be mistaken because I don't plan to go back there. Sorry," She said as she tilted her head and her eyes gazed at me.

"Hey sociopath," She said to me.

"Hey cheating slut," I shot back with the same forced smile she wore on her face.

"Ooo, that's a little harsh now don't you think?" She chuckled as she straightened her head.

"No, it suits the person wearing the name," I shrugged. She looked past me and did a little wave at someone behind me. "Your girlfriend's glaring at me from your car. Tell her I said hey," She teased and I rolled my eyes. "She's not my girlfriend," I drawled.

"Oh, well you better tell her that," Nyah scoffed before she turned to Kane.

"So how'd you deal with the breakup? Oh wait, she fucked him without you knowing. Didn't she?" Nyah said as she gestured to Camila and Kane's face hardened.

"Ooooo, she didn't even tell you did she?" Nyah grimaced and Kane pulled out his gun. "Okay shut up and get in the car," He said as he pointed it at her.