chapter seventeen.

My mouth hung open slightly as he stood upright and disappeared into the crowd of people.

He talks to Kane about...me?

"Close your mouth, you look stupid," Camila teased as she walked past and took my hand. I followed her as she guided me to the kitchen where everyone else was.

"She's here!" Camila shouted and I joined the rest of the group on the table.

"Okay now that everyone is here. Here are the rules. No matter how bad you want to, no hitting or arguing with them. In fact, no talking, looking or glancing at them." Jordan said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Good luck restraining yourselves after you see Chris and Vanessa together," I commented and they all turned to face me.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Serena asked and I leaned over the table to get a cup and headed to the large fridge.

"Saw them together after I left you guys today," I said as I poured a cup of vodka.

I guess I am drinking tonight.

"You're joking, right?" Riley asked and I gave her a pointed look.

"Believe me, I would love to unsee what I saw," I answered as I took a large sip.

"Wait, why am I here anyway? Cause clearly I am not included in this agreement." I said as I gestured to us gathered around the table.

"Yes, you are Nyah," Camila replied and my eyes widened. "Seriously? Even you're agreeing with this?" I asked and she shrugged.

River appeared and leaned over me to get a bottle of coke. He nodded his head towards everyone and they all responded with either a "hi" or a wave.

"Come with me," He mumbled in my ear and took my hand. "All I'm saying is, I can't promise anything." I shrugged as I was dragged away by River.

He guided me past the dance floor and up to the first floor. "Where are you taking me?" I whined as he continued to lead me down the corridor and opened a door on the right.

I walked in before him.

The room is dark and I tried to flick on the lights but there's no switch. I jumped slightly as I felt a pair of hands snake around my waist.

"Relax, it's just me." River said softly and I sighed as I turned to face him. "Why is it so dark in here?" I asked as I rested my hands on the back of his neck.

"I thought it would be fun if we stayed here for a few hours." He said and I gave an unsure look but he couldn't see me.

"I can't even see you," I pointed out and my breath hitched as I felt his hand rest on my cheek. "Nobody knows you're up here, so no one else will come here other than me. Stay here, I'm gonna go and get us more drinks." He said as let go of me.

He walked out of the room and shut the door and I tried to feel my way around until I found the bed. I took off my shoes and laid down whilst I waited for him to come back. As I closed my eyes, I heard the door open and I didn't move.

"What drink did you get? I don't wanna get too drunk tonight." I groaned as I sat up. The bed dipped as he sat down and handed me a cup and I took a large sip of it.

It's fanta but it has a bitter taste. "You shouldn't have mixed it." I grimaced as I laid back down. His hands started at my feet and slowly glided up towards my chest.

"Hey, why aren't you talking? And is the room spinning?" My voice came out a lot quieter than I imagined and my head started pounding.

"Everything is gonna be okay."