chapter twenty-four.

| river |

"I need your help man,"

"No way. I'm not gonna be the target for your crazy girlfriend's screaming match."

"It was one time! And she wasn't exactly wrong." I muttered as I threw another one of the multiple files on the floor.

Now that I've had a chance to actually hear why she was so worked, I get it.

"I thought you said you weren't getting involved," Kane argued.

"I'm not. But you hurt her, so now it's my problem." I countered and he sighed on the other line.

"You will be here in the next 10 minutes and we are going to figure out what to do with that motherfucker." I lowered my voice, so he knew I was serious.

"Okay boss." He muttered. "Oh and Daniels?" I called and hummed in response.

"You should've told her," I said and ended the call.

I slammed my phone down on the table as I paced around the foyer.

Nyah can be very overdramatic sometimes and this is definitely one of those moments, but I didn't think it affected her that much.

And now she's gone.

She just left. Mason affects her specifically but I'm the one that has to call the shots.

What if I do the wrong thing? What if she goes off on me?

I love her, but that won't end well.

"Are you done pacing around?" A voice said and I turned around to see Camila, Serena and Riley.

"Where's Kane?" I asked and Serena shrugged as she walked to the kitchen.

"He's on his way. He called me to come and help, so what exactly am I helping with?" Camila said as she put her Chanel purse down on the sofa and walked to the meeting room.

"I didn't ask for you, I asked for-" I began and she turned around and stared me down.

"Listen, I didn't react when you threatened me in your kitchen, and I also didn't tell anyone about that encounter. I am here to help my friend, not you. Take your bullshit attitude and go yell at someone else because I am not your girlfriend, I am not one of your workers, and I am definitely not your friend." She finished as she backed me up against the door.

She walked towards my desk and sat down and I cleared my throat, to which she looked up at me. "Do we have a problem?" She asked with her arms folded and I lifted up my hands in defeat and left her to it and went to the kitchen.

"So where's Nyah anyway?" Serena asked as she scanned through our liquor cupboard.

I don't know why we have one but clearly, someone actually drinks from it.

"She's staying at her dad's for a bit." I said as I walked towards the fridge. "Did something happen?" Riley asked and I shrugged.

"She just needs space." I responded and I was about to leave before Serena blurted, "But she'll be back for my club opening right?!"

"Yes." I answered as I walked back to the meeting room. Kane was leaning over Camila's shoulder and they were both staring at a laptop screen.

"I say we go to Jordan's now and beat the shit out of him." Camila suggested as I took the laptop and it's security footage of one of the cameras in their house.

My eyebrows raised as Jordan and Mason stumble into the room...kissing.

I shut the laptop screen and placed it back on the desk. "Too sloppy, he could press charges." I answered as I sifted through his bank statements.