chapter forty-five.

| nyah |

I clutched the side of my head as I lifted myself up. I steadied myself as I held onto the side of the wall and all my thoughts came rushing back. My eyes widened as I stumbled across the room to grab my phone. I checked the time and it was a little past 4am.

I've been out for over 8 hours.

I held in my tears as I stumbled into the bathroom. Luckily there is no bruise on my face. He just hit me. Really hard.

"I have to get out," I muttered to myself as I stumbled back into the room. I reached for the door, but it was locked. 

I panicked as I looked around my bedroom. I quickly ran to the closet and grabbed a few clothes before packing it in my bag.

I grabbed my phone and the keys to one of River's cars that he's letting me use, which I'm lucky I brought upstairs with me.

I sent Serena a text to meet me at my house and one to Mason too. I headed to the bathroom window and opened it wide. A gust of wind blew in and I winced at it's force. I squinted as I looked at the distance between the window and the nearest tree branch. I looked down at the floor. It was dark so everything was pretty much black.

If I fell then I would definitely break a bone.

I took a deep breath as my shaky hands gripped onto the side of the window. I jumped and climbed onto the branch. I felt my legs scarring as I climbed down the tree. As I was descending the tree, a branch snapped and I felt myself falling.

I landed on my feet and stumbled slightly, but I was okay. I quickly ran towards the parking lot and the security lights on the driveway shone brightly.

I forgot about those.

Light switches opened inside and my heart started racing as I ran to the car. I fumbled to unlock the keys to jeep and scrambled inside and locked the doors.

I turned around and my eyes locked onto River's at the front door. He sprinted towards me and I slammed on the accelerator as I sped out of the driveway and onto the highway. I kept driving and didn't stop until I reached my house.

I took a few moments to catch my breath after parking the car in the garage and shutting it.

My hands were still shaking and my legs were covered in scratches and cuts.

The door leading to the house opened and I gasped but relaxed as I saw Mason. He was standing there in a vest and joggers with concern on his face.

I stumbled out of the car and my legs shook as I grabbed my bag and shut the car door.

"Nyah, what the hell? Are you okay?" He rushed towards me and I collapsed into his arms. He bent down and lifted me up bridal style, before walking inside the house. He placed me on the couch and I placed my hands over my face to contain my tears as I heard shuffling around in the kitchen.

I heard the door open and close and Serena's voice in the kitchen.

"What happened?" Serena asked as I moved my hands away from my face and she was crouched in front of me.

"H-He found out about this house and t-then he-" I stuttered as I choked on my words and looked down at the cuts on my legs. Some were surprisingly big and the pain suddenly hit me.

I hissed in pain as I looked at the cuts and Mason came back from the kitchen with a first aid kit.

"So he knows about this house. Does he know about you two?" Serena asked and Mason's eyes widened as he looked at me. "She didn't tell me. I figured it out in my own," She said to him before turning to face me and I shrugged.