Chapter 2

Jennie called Lisa's dad regarding the apartment address. Both of them have never visited the house since their parents mentioned it to them.

By the time Lisa pulled the car over to the fine area, she couldn't help but amazed. "Babe, are you sure this is the place?"

"Yeah, GPS says so." Jennie rechecked the direction to make sure they weren't at the wrong location.

"Alright." Lisa unfasten her seatbelt then Jennie followed. "Let's get inside. Dad said he had informed the guard."

Jennie linked her arm to Lisa's all the way to their new apartment complex. They chat a bit with the friendly guard for the sake of politeness.

"This way, please." The guard led the couple to the luxury door and smiled. "I believe you have the passcode?"

"Thanks." Lisa nodded a little. "Shall we?" She asked her wife.

Lisa punched the passcode then the guard opened the door for them. "Welcome, Mrs. Manoban."

They walked forward as they look around. The guard gave them some space so he just stood by the door in case they needed anything. The two women couldn't believe what they saw before their eyes. They exchanged a glance.

"Okay—"

"This is too much."

"Absolutely." Lisa agreed. "Should we cancel or?"

"Let's just call Dad back." Jennie searched Lisa's father number on her phone and waited for him to pick the call.

"Hello, Darling!"

"Hey Dad, we need to talk to you about the house, if you have time?" Jennie heard Lisa's mom asking her husband who is that? Then there was a long pause.

"Honey!" That was Lisa's mom. "Have you seen the house?"

"Yeah, about that—"

"Don't even think to give it back to us. It's not going to happen." The old woman cut her off.

"But Mom, this is too much. We can't accept it." Jennie said softly, she didn't want to offend her mother in law.

"Nonsense! That house is beautiful isn't it?"

"Yes, but—"

"Not buts." She spoke sternly. "We only have two daughters. It is not a sin to spoil you both a bit more. We have to waste our money on something."

"Mom—"

"Let me talk to her." Lisa asked for the phone. "Mom, it's me."

"Oh Honey, if Jennie can't change my mind then you shouldn't even try." Her mom laughed whole-heartedly making Lisa face-palmed. "Anyway, your father and I will go to Osaka this weekend. Do you want something?"

"Lego Star Wars limited edition." She mumbled. She hated it when her mom using authority and coaxed her to something she couldn't refuse. "And the Prison Island." Lisa added quickly.

Jennie gave her an incredulous look and took the phone that Lisa offered back. "Very helpful." She glared at her other half.

"My Dear, it's a present from us. It's never too much. I'll help you shopping and arranging cause obviously you can't rely on Lisa for this," she giggled. "Try to call your other Mom, see if she's free so we can get more hands."

Jennie sighed subtly. There was no way they could run from it. "Thank you, Mom. I definitely will call her later."

"Great! Oh, do you want something from Japan?"

"No thanks, Mom. I'm good."

"Okay then. Go look around so you can start consider stuff you want to buy. Call me often, Darling. I love you! Tell Lisa I love her, too! Dad says he loves you both! Bye!"